For anyone into MTB...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaWarrior

Reaction score
To be honest I'm not huge into the mountain bike scene, but had a particularly good experience I thought I'd share. In reality I only use my Iron Horse Sachem 4 to ride around campus and into town, I hardly make use of it. But since IH went out of business(or restructured, or whatever it is they did), they were blowing bikes out from the factory at ridiculous discounts...got this one for $550, originally like $1400 so I couldn't resist. I could probably part it out for more than I paid.

Anyway, check out hucknroll.com for MTB gear and parts. It's not the biggest store out there and the selection isn't tremendous compared to some other places, but it's got the best service I've ever experienced from an online store.

I actually came across it as I was looking for a specific knee/shin guard someone recommended for the ATV. They had the best price, $30 off retail when retail was the norm everywhere else. I placed an order, got a confirmation email. Somehow my address got screwed up on their end, the street line was totally scrambled random letters in the confirmation. There was an email address it said to contact if there were any issues. This was at about 11pm on a Sunday night. I sent an email saying the address was wrong, and provided again the correct address. No kidding, like 5 minutes later I got a real (not generic auto-reply) email back apologizing and saying they had corrected the problem. They emailed the tracking number the next day, and gave a free shipping upgrade "in apology" for the inconvenience (from the free "economy" I picked, to UPS ground). Shipping over $50 is free if you choose the "economy" also (which is UPS Basic).

In addition, the online live chat actually works (you get someone right away, and there isn't a 20 minute gap between each reply like some other places...it was surprisingly instant). There's also a phone number to call with any questions that nets you a real person who actually knows what they're talking about. Both the chat and phone are 24/7. They also give a 30 day no-questions-asked return/exchange "warranty" on everything. Some products have employee reviews or notes in addition to the generic manufacturer's description also, additional sizing info, fitment, compatibility, ect.

I only checked this place out because my typical standby (denniskirk) didn't have the specific one I was looking for, so I had to shop around a bit. I'm glad I did, you just don't find service like that anymore.

Got into mountain biking about 15 years ago as a way to get off the couch . Did a lot of it including going to Mt Snow and Killington every summer for 3 or 4 weekends . Bought a lot of parts and swag and did business recently with hucknroll...and you're right about their service...got stuff faster from them in SLC than some of the companies on the east coast...:punk:

Back