How to sync carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maleko89

Staff member
Reaction score
First, remove the plastic "H" manifold covers. Use the correct size of Phillips screw driver. If you have trouble, carefully use a pliers. Do NOT use an impact driver or you may crack the manifold.

IMG011.jpg

This is the left side. The left manifold is the only one with a hose. Move clamp up the hose and pull hose off the nipple.

IMG012.jpg

The right nipple and the two on the right side have rubber covers. Remove them.

IMG013.jpg

Hook the sync tool hoses to the nipples. Left-rear is cylinder 1, left-front 2, right-rear 3 and right-front is cylinder 4. See the tape on the hoses near the manifold ports? Make sure you put the side of the hose with the restrictors closest to the manifolds. I found that there's less fluctuation of the gage when done this way.

IMG015.jpg

Here's where I set my sync tool. It makes it easy to see when going back and forth sync'ing the carbs.

IMG014.jpg

Start the bike and warm it up for a 3-4 minutes.

Here's the left side sync screw. This balances the #1 cylinder to the #2 cylinder. Slowly turn it either clockwise or counter clockwise to balance the left two carbs. Only adjust a tad each time and then blip the throttle.

IMG017.jpg

Here are the two sync screws on the right side. The left one balances the right side carbs or carbs #3 and #4. The sync screw on the right balances the left side carbs (#1/#2) with the right side carbs (#3/#4). Balance the right side carbs and then check and make sure the left side is still balanced. Once the left side is balanced and the right side is balanced use the last sync screw to balance the sides. Remember, don't forget to blip the throttle once in awhile. Also, make sure your idle thumb screw on the left side is set so the rpms are about 1000.

IMG016.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back