Vmax Needles

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stock needles are NOT adjustable. They can however be shimmed if needed.

If you have adjustable needles, they are DJ (dynojet) Stage 1 or Stage 7.

There's no 'default' setting - it depends on what exhaust, air filters, and altitude the bike's being used at.

He's from Canada. Canadian spec, stock needles are adjustable. Not sure what the rec'd position is though.

Yeah, they are adjustable. I didn't have a chance to take a closer look them tonight but when I do I'll take pics. I guess I'll start at the mid point.

dug out of the grave i know...

i can verify this. just redid buddys 85 carbs they were adjustable, set to the top(1), we moved em to the middle (3) and we are going to play from there.

stamping #s on them 5ez44

85 canadian spec bike #0353

peace,
evan...

Updated Needle Comparison Pictures

Attachments

• IMG_20170130_164301041.jpg
    IMG_20170130_164301041.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20170130_164316214.jpg
    IMG_20170130_164316214.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 128
  • OEM & Y299 needles 002.jpg
    OEM & Y299 needles 002.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Stock Adjustable 5DZ19 Needls.jpg
    Stock Adjustable 5DZ19 Needls.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 120
  • Jet Comparison.jpg
    Jet Comparison.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 130
looks like this is the spot for a clear answer.

running stage 1 needles.

main jet 150 mikuni arrived.

got the mikuni 90s going where they belong.

got the 170s going where they belong.

stage 1 springs for diaphragms. so they are longer than stock if not mistaken. most of this probably familiar from other thread if following...

locatred in Minnesota, elevation 1000ft roundabouts.

where do I start with the clip on the needles? i do have the "half" washer spacer eraser pacer glacier.

have heard couple different opinions, at least this is easy to change out and trial and error, of course all pending i get the damn bike running in first place. lol.

running stage 1 needles.

stage 1 springs for diaphragms. so they are longer than stock if not mistaken. most of this probably familiar from other thread if following...

where do I start with the clip on the needles? i do have the "half" washer spacer eraser pacer glacier.

have heard couple different opinions, at least this is easy to change out and trial and error, of course all pending i get the damn bike running in first place. lol.

^^^^

running stage 1 needles.

The stage 1 springs are shorter than stock......try them and see how they work, but you still might have to go to stock. Stage 1/7 springs are 5 inches long, vs stock springs that are 7 inches long.

Since the stage 1 needles are richer than stock.....you need to make them as lean as possible. Go with the first clip from the blunt end.

The stage 1 springs are shorter than stock......try them and see how they work, but you still might have to go to stock. Stage 1/7 springs are 5 inches long, vs stock springs that are 7 inches long.

Since the stage 1 needles are richer than stock.....you need to make them as lean as possible. Go with the first clip from the blunt end.
THANKS i'LL give it a go

Latest posts

Back