What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just installed the Raptor shift light! Rick at Raptor Performance was great to deal with. And the light? Very nice! Set it for 9200 and just got back from an afternoon ride, plenty bright to see in bright sunlight. From what I can see it comes on right when my tach is smack on between 9000 and 9500. :punk:

https://youtu.be/epPNiroYvTU

I removed my old BikeMaster battery after just over a year of service. Piece of shit didnt even get me through two seasons. I went to Morleys site and emulated the battery box modification, wife and I did the mod in just a few minutes with a dremell. Found an AGM battery at Interstate for $120 so I guess/hope this one will get me reliably through a few years of service.

I removed my old BikeMaster battery after just over a year of service. Piece of shit didnt even get me through two seasons. I went to Morleys site and emulated the battery box modification, wife and I did the mod in just a few minutes with a dremell. Found an AGM battery at Interstate for $120 so I guess/hope this one will get me reliably through a few years of service.

That battery box mod is awesome. I did it as well and I'm running a parts unlimited battery, don't recall the size but it's shear beast haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just installed the Raptor shift light! Rick at Raptor Performance was great to deal with. And the light? Very nice! Set it for 9200 and just got back from an afternoon ride, plenty bright to see in bright sunlight. From what I can see it comes on right when my tach is smack on between 9000 and 9500. :punk:

Got a link for that? I like it. Great idea, instead of looking down to see. [emoji106]

How exactly did you mount it to the speedo?

That battery box mod is awesome. I did it as well and I'm running a parts unlimited battery, don't recall the size but it's shear beast haha.

I dropped it in yesterday, had to talk wife into going into town so that I could be spared the dumpster fire that is Sturgis Rally traffic. I wired it up today and kicked it over, never heard the engine spin so smooth and free, its glorious how swiftly it snaps to life now. I do believe EVERYONE should do this easy mod when it's time to replace the battery. To easy with too much reward not to consider.

I dropped it in yesterday, had to talk wife into going into town so that I could be spared the dumpster fire that is Sturgis Rally traffic. I wired it up today and kicked it over, never heard the engine spin so smooth and free, its glorious how swiftly it snaps to life now. I do believe EVERYONE should do this easy mod when it's time to replace the battery. To easy with too much reward not to consider.

Absolutely agree. I also put the heavy duty one way starter clutch on when I did the battery mod. I would suggest that as well.

I highly recommend upgrading from lead acid batteries to a lithium ion. Ten pounds in weight savings, awesome capacity and it's so small you can hide the NOS solenoids in with the battery. LOL Steve-O and I converted last year and I'll never go back to a conventional battery.

I highly recommend upgrading from lead acid batteries to a lithium ion. Ten pounds in weight savings, awesome capacity and it's so small you can hide the NOS solenoids in with the battery. LOL Steve-O and I converted last year and I'll never go back to a conventional battery.

I just eat healthier, to equal out the ten pound battery weight with ten pounds my fat ass lost lol

Hidden nitrous......:hmmm:

I try to loose weight but it's hard when I bleed butter and cream.:bang head: If I had the requisite skills Hidden NOS is exactly what I would do. Put a slim canister along the swing arm or even better in the V between the cylinder's and the solenoids in the battery box. Gen II horsepower at the push of a button.

A few different ways to do it.

Attachments

• 2011-02-20_12-13-20_15.jpg
    2011-02-20_12-13-20_15.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Airbox NOS.jpg
    Airbox NOS.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 35
I try to loose weight but it's hard when I bleed butter and cream.:bang head: If I had the requisite skills Hidden NOS is exactly what I would do. Put a slim canister along the swing arm or even better in the V between the cylinder's and the solenoids in the battery box. Gen II horsepower at the push of a button.

I fear I've been a negative influence on this man. lol. But I like the way he thinks. Hidden nitrous bottle? Now there's a way to screw with your friends that don't know you installed it. What a blast. Sneaky Pete, here we come. I think two long tanks would blend in attached to the frame supports.

Over the last couple of weeks I have repaired the clutch slave cylinder,replaced the clutch master with an 03 FJR 1300 unit,Painted the rear guard black and redid the headlights using projector lights for low beam and a HID spotlight for high beam mounted on a piece of bent aluminium.A bit rough but it works.Have a great weekend.

Latest posts

Back