Beware of scammers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
File a stolen property report with Billings finest.
Don't Get Mad, Get Even:biglaugh::clapping::rofl_200:

While that's the right-and-proper thing to do, when you honestly think about it, what is the local PD going to do? There's no way you can prove those are your parts. Even if the cops found a vmax with these red fenders and questioned the guy about it, all he has to do is play dumb and act like he doesn't know what they're talking about. "I don't know officer, I just painted these last week myself, must be a coincidence with the same color". Bullshit? Totally. But there's no proof that says otherwise.

Cases of "your word against his" never go anywhere unless you have solid proof "your word" is right. One of my friends had an expensive mountain bike stolen. Reported it to the PD and gave the frame's serial number. A bike matching the description was found in town a few days later. The jackoff had just filed off the serial number. The cops said they couldn't do anything because they couldn't positively ID the property, even in a plain-as-day case as that.

RaWarrior: I know, I've had trouble here with things like drunks trying to break in and property destruction. The Cops don't want to fill out reports so they always find an easy way out. I've taken care of a lot of their work and it's much easier than dragging them into it. If I lived in Montana, I'd go take care of this too. but I don't,,,, Sadly.

the good thing is i have all his emails from the start of this entire deal.
even the ones that admit the red fenders came from me. and he will not send the cores as promised. better than filing a claim against him in billings. I did here in iowa.
if he don't show i will have a judgment against him. then the billings pd can help me.

i don't paint but i do know at least 5 guys who can. i do all the prep work.
bondo , sanding and sealer. then i have one of my buddies shoot the color and clear.
then i do the color sanding. cut and buff.
we started drinking one friday around 3pm. I looked at my max and said. I'm sick of only seeing Black vmaxs. so we tore my parts off. and at 1 am on sat. the last coat of clear was layed on. Now my max is metalic blue.

I had contemplated painting my bike, but no kidding the reason I haven't is I can't pick a color. I'm too afraid I won't like whatever color I choose. So it's still the pretty neutral factory "silver" color for '97. I don't dislike the silver, but it's kind of plain. Plus with the fire engine red powdercoated wheels, every color I think of would "clash" with the wheels.

I just got someone trying to scam off my craigslist ad for my quad. This one was a bit craftier than usual, played along for a couple emails, asked a couple questions, then dropped the "please send all your personal information so I can have my agent in the US mail payment and arrange the shipping company".

Does anybody actually fall for those sort of things?

RaWarrior: Vinyl Wrap... You could have your Max done with 3M Vinyl. It's possible to do in any color or in graphics, Guarantied for 5 years, Cheaper than Paint if you don't get too carried away on graphics. If you don't like it, peal it off and do something else.... Just a Thought.

Oh a, fucking scammers. Someone from Spain called my grandma's house and talked to my uncle saying he was me and that I had gotten arrested and needed 2,800$ to get out. They wanted the money wired Western Union to Spain. They knew it was my grandma's house, my name, and my uncles name. They almost had em tricked but luckely uncle knew to try and get ahold of me and did.
Wooohooo, Im glad uncle cought on.
Im teaching my kids now about saving money and how everyone wants to take it from you.

RaWarrior: Vinyl Wrap... You could have your Max done with 3M Vinyl. It's possible to do in any color or in graphics, Guarantied for 5 years, Cheaper than Paint if you don't get too carried away on graphics. If you don't like it, peal it off and do something else.... Just a Thought.

Is this something you get done at a custom graphics shop, or is there somebody that sells the vinyls?

UPDATE !

All my hard work and humiliation paid off.
1. the guy in billings got a letter from the iowa atny generals office.
letting him know. That he had committed fraud via the internet.
2. he also had a buddy of his point out the craiglist ad in billings.

Then today the core parts he owed . just showed up on my door step.

so now the parts and money in this entire deal are all good.
but the guy in billings (riding a toreador red vmax) is still a jackass that i would not ever have any dealings with again.

Back