Blues, Bikes, and BBQ 2010. Fayetteville AR September 29 thur October 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatter

Reaction score
Who, besides me, is going this year? We are going up Thursday and coming back Sunday.

Darren and I should be in/around Fayetteville - at least most of the afternoon on Saturday Hatter. I'll be on the lookout for maxes.

You can look for me at the Demos.

Some people are always "Looking for a free ride". LOL :rofl_200::biglaugh:

Hatter, I'll keep an eye peeled if we make it out to the track area where the stealers set up.

Good times! Well, because there were fewer demo rides available this year (only Star, Harley and Can-Am) the Vmax demo ride slots filled immediately. Heck, all the sport bike slots were gone in an hour or so.

Soooo.... I rode a Raider and a Vrod. Good fun, despite all the bad mouthing I did enjoy riding the Rod, nice smooth power. Don't care for the ride position but at least the lead rider was given to "spirited" riding and we were able to wind them up.
Here I am on the Rod:

IMG_0710.jpg

As for other Vmaxes I did see one 2009, I saw Hatter and his girlfriend on what looks to be new bike. VTX by the looks of it...? Also saw an 85 I believe in the Baum stadium parking lot. Here is my bike parked at the Baum:

IMG_0718.jpg

hye are those walker cans? ceramic coated? are the headers done too? whatd u use to coat 'em?

well my ceramic is flaking like a mofo. think i might just take the headers off this winter and rattle cam them with the vht ceramic paint

Yeah, I think it was the Flameproof stuff. Easy touch up! I may also try the DEI silicone HT spray.

I got to the demos early on Saturday, and got a ride on a '10 Max! The leaders let us 'air them out' a little. Man, they are CRAZY FAST!

I went from "I'm not paying $19,000 dollars for ANY bike" to " Hmmm, Only $19,000? " :punk:

I also rode a few Harleys. A Crossbones Springer, a Sportster XR1200, and my personal favorite, a Heritage Soft tail Classic.

While I think my VTX 1300 would take all 3 of them, they all had their good points.

The Crossbones looks cool. Acceleration and ride were shit, but it looks COOL.

The XR1200 felt REALLY small to me. I felt like a cowboy riding a Shetland pony. But I tell you this: When you twist the wick on it, it makes some impressive... Noise...:biglaugh:. But while I did a few rolling first gear launches, I only loaded up the clutch ONE TIME at a red light to hard launch, and the clutch started slipping! They had to roll it into the trailer and fix it when I got back!
I will give it this though. It had the best brakes of any bike I have ridden. I really thought that I could have done a stoppie on it even with my big ass on there!

The Heritage was nice. Ran pretty good for a bagger, on par with my VTX, handled pretty good for bigger bike, and didn't vibrate the handlebars like the rest of the Harleys I rode. If I HAD to buy a Harley the Heritage would be it.

Hatter,...........good to run into you two again downtown at the Rally.

Wish you could have witnessed Darren's dyno drags against the Zukie 1000 modified bike. I was nervous enough for him and me both, but overall, I think he did well for his first official/unofficial drag race - next to some pretty fast competition and what was obviously an experienced racer on board.

I think his best time was a 10.2, (I think 141mph?) but he had lots of trouble keeping the rear strapped down to the dyno. Lots and lots of bouncing going on in 1st and 2nd.

Hatter,...........good to run into you two again downtown at the Rally.

Wish you could have witnessed Darren's dyno drags against the Zukie 1000 modified bike. I was nervous enough for him and me both, but overall, I think he did well for his first official/unofficial drag race - next to some pretty fast competition and what was obviously an experienced racer on board.

I think his best time was a 10.2, (I think 141mph?) but he had lots of trouble keeping the rear strapped down to the dyno. Lots and lots of bouncing going on in 1st and 2nd.

I knew it! I was sitting in line waiting to demo a bike and thought I saw and heard a Vmax on the dynodrag! Cool!

I went over later and saw a husband/wife team go up with their matching sportsters. Poor dude, he dumped the clutch on his first run and snapped his drive belt.

Latest posts

Back