T boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02isb

Reaction score
i did a search but didnt find anything on the first to pages. is it any good or does it make bike run bad .out of its stock power band. been riding my rc51 my max has been sleeping for a few months. i like to ride the vmax but would like more bottom end. when i ride it i cant stay out of the v boost just to fun which of course
puts you over the speed limit.

so does the t boost comming in at 3k help with low end roll ons or just make mpg tank.

thanks

Hi 02,
I have a T-Boost on my Max and it really dosen't do much at 3,000 rpm. It seems to have more "punch" at 4k but a dyno probably wouldnt show much difference. It dosent cost much and is easy to install. I do use mine in the twisties where I'm between 4k and 7K and don't want the boost kicking in in the middle of a sweeper.
Lew

so does the t boost comming in at 3k help with low end roll ons or just make mpg tank.

It gives you a feeling like something is going on, but if you look at the dyno sheets, you'll see that not much is happening.

However, if you tune for the 3k opening and you have a carb kit and pipe, you will make a little something. It's kind of like having the Vboost open all the time like some of the stg 7 guys are enjoying.

I have it on my bike, its kinda fun to play with but I mostly use the Vboost off and stock 6k settings.

thanks guys. my vmax is stock and dont really care to change the exhaust. i dont like to draw attention to myself when im riding fast.

if it gives a little boost at 4-5k i would be happy with that for the price.

i think i may get the max out today a treat myself for a ride:eusa_dance:

even if its a squirmy one in the bends

Seat of the pants says it's a little stronger but dyno sheets don't back that up.

I had one and after owning the bike for about a week never used it and just left it at the stock 6k setting.

Kind of a gimmick if you ask me but it's cheap enough and doesn't hurt anything. They're actually pretty easy to make with a few bits from radio shack.

i have it always on, i like it, gives a bit more seat in the pants feel at smaller throttle opens, which sadly, i am at more than WOT.

i idint like it myself. make s a mean exaust sound tho. a vboost at 5k would be sweet tho

I have the adjustable controller...vboost comes on at 5k...I like getting into the boost a little sooner...makes the bike feel torquier.

I have the Tboost on mine and after a bunch of tuning, the tboost does make a difference over the stock 6000 rpm setup up.

If you just throw the tboost on without setting the bike up for it, than little to no improvement will be felt.

On a stock setup (carbs, exhaust, etc...) I wouldn't put tboost on it, not worth it.

Mike

thanks for all the replys. think i will pass. looking to keep carbs exhaust stock.
but thought a liitle more roll on power would be good.

So I was riding home today, Set the throttle lock at 4k rpm and hit the T-boost switch. Well the bike accelerated of course. I was going up hill into the wind. seems like it is making more hp.
I did it again at 4,500 rpm and the Max lunged foward. This cant just be a richened mixture and the throttle plates are "locked" by the throttle lock.

So what is it?? More HP?? Carb chains need adjusting?? or my imagination?

Enquiring minds want to know??:confused2:

Lew

When you hit the boost switch, your opening the boost block plate/server, so your getting more gas to the cylinders from 2 carbs.
Just plain more fuel.

Throttle locked yes;
But; of the two cylinders tied together by vboost only one at a time is on the intake stroke.
So when the vboost butterflies are open two carbs are feeding one cylinder but at a slower velocity thru the individual parralel carbs.

But at the expense of flow velocity and throttle response at lower rpm's.

Less flow velocity thru a carb is going to make it feed less fuel, so in theory running vboost open down low is really not going to add more fuel to the engine, you're still pulling the same volume of air but now doing it thru two carbs. It should not be a richer mixture.

When the rpm's are up in the range where one carbs cfm is starting to become too small to keep up with the engine then vboost helps by improving overall airflow.

That's why the Vboost, small carbs for great off idle bottom end, two parallel carbs to keep up with the engine cfm draw in the upper RPM's

I've tested the whole Lean/rich open/closed thing with my WideBand a/f and it really makes no appreciable difference in a/f ratio.

That being said I run my open 99% of the time, I like how it sounds and once past 4000 or so throttle response isn't much of an issue.

Latest posts

Back