Brake Light Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regular Guy

Reaction score
Hi guys, I am back with another question for y'all :rofl_200:

I have bought a "flasher" for the brake light. It basically makes the brake flash fast a few times, then a long flash then steady. It's all in effort to be visible.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPSZZXQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#Ask

Anyhoo, which of the wires would be considered the "positive" going to the brake light? The blue or the yellow? I need to splice into that, then I guess the black would go to the frame.

Lastly, what LED bulbs would work for this?

As always, thanks!

According to the wiring diagram:

Black=Ground
Blue=+12V Running Light
Yellow= +12V Brake Light

Always a good idea to check with your meter before doing anything. Set it up on VDC. Black probe to ground, Red probe to blue wire. With key on, you should read +12V (or close) With red lead on Yellow wire you should read nothing until the brake lever/pedal is actuated.

No Idea on your LED's.
I'd recommend replacing the OEM trailer lamp :biglaugh:

According to the wiring diagram:

Black=Ground
Blue=+12V Running Light
Yellow= +12V Brake Light

Always a good idea to check with your meter before doing anything. Set it up on VDC. Black probe to ground, Red probe to blue wire. With key on, you should read +12V (or close) With red lead on Yellow wire you should read nothing until the brake lever/pedal is actuated.

No Idea on your LED's.
I'd recommend replacing the OEM trailer lamp :biglaugh:

Any suggestions on replacing that trailer lamp? I am obviously not afraid to change things, lol!

Do a search for CBR tail light.
Its a popular upgrade.

Some guys use ebay tail light like this one:
attachment.php

You can make your own:

I've had many versions of taillights in the 10 years of owning my Vmax:
2009 The first change was to install a Motorcycle mods taillight.

IMG_0483.jpg

2010 This year I decided to create my own taillight from Custom Dynamics Knight Riders (3)

Brakes in daylight.jpg

2011 I made a couple of changes but retained the 3 Custom Dynamics Knight Riders.

IMG_1721.jpg

2015 Changed yet again to a Joker Machine Café LED light with CD Knight Rider that flashes 5 times then goes solid. Also moved turn signal to plate area.

2015 Tailight.JPG

No changes are anticipated this year, so far! :biglaugh:

Till you find a cooler light! LOL!

:rofl_200: You are so right Bill!

I do really like the setup I have now it has a bright main tail/ brake light and with the flashing component of the Knight Rider it has an additional safety aspect to it.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I also have a grab bar reflector replacement LED light, lots of braking lights on the back of Redbone!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back