How to mount turn signals on front of vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
have you check wheel balance?neck bearings torque?
where do you live?i work at a motorcycle shop and i could check that if you want.
the shop is called motobrulipa, in oiã oliveira do bairro

Sou de lisboa, não vi nada sobre a jante/roda da frente, vou a uma oficina que conheco anos para saber se é da roda ou do volante.
a partir dos 80kmh se tirar uma mão o volante treme muito

Other thing the rear tyre is from 2004 and front tyre is from 2009
O pneu de trás é de 2004 e da frente 2009
sei que a mota teve muito tempo parada ( 13 mil kms de 1998 )
vou ver a pressão dos pneus que ainda não vi
poderá ser o pneu com defeito de estar muito tempo parada

Other thing the rear tyre is from 2004 and front tyre is from 2009
O pneu de trás é de 2004 e da frente 2009
sei que a mota teve muito tempo parada ( 13 mil kms de 1998 )
vou ver a pressão dos pneus que ainda não vi
poderá ser o pneu com defeito de estar muito tempo parada

Are you CERTAIN that the front tire is from an 09? (Which is a 2nd gen Vmax) Whereas 85-07 are all first gen Vmaxs.

FYI There are NO 08 Vmax's.....1st or 2nd gen.

Can you post a pic or do a video of the front wheel? Unfortunately you might have posted it in the past, but I cant see a pic in photobucket. I'm at work, and its blocked by work internet.

Im new here, i have the vmax about 1 week ago :)

if i go about 80kmh or more and remove one hand the handlebar shakes a lot

Yes, the front tyre is from 2009

Ok. AFTER you check the steering head bearings, and if your still having problems, you could get the front tire of the ground (like put the bike on the centerstand....or small lift) and spin the front tire, and see if there is a run out issue, or if the wheel wobbles.....etc.

Also something simple.......has the tire/wheel been balanced?

Hello, i gonna do that to test the wheel/tyre i think the problem is on the tyre, the bike was couple years on garage, becuse the carburatores was clean and sync the have some kind of thing in the carburators.
i don´t know that i thing that was when the older man do that in 2009 when put the new tyre.

another thing i was yesterday riding and push the bike to test when o stop the bike turn off, after 5min i turn on and it was good, i think the bike need in hot adjust the idle, i don´t know where it is. gonna find that soon to adjust a little after good ride.

Another thing, when the vmax is warm when i stop and put neutral the bike shuts off, then about 10min i go and turn the bike on, she turns on i have to repeat acelerate and she turns on.

Update the problem with the handle bar shaking, its becuse the front tyre is 120 80 18 lol
the older owner put the wrong tyre , the tyre is 110 80 18 :) that´s the problem with shaking.
today i put a little the idle up and now its fine in warm :)

I, and many others, ran a 120 for a few years on the stock wheel with no complaints.
I'd doubt its your problem unless its a bad tire.

I think it´s that, bad tyre, the front tyre is from 2009 , but the bike doesn´t ride years. the tyre it´s bad too

Update, today i took the bike with new tyre, and it´s fixed :D
the older tyre its chinese lol
now its bridgestone very good tyre :)
when im going to home, when i stop the idle goes down and turn off, i don´t know why
gonna do some miles to see if the bike gonna be better run :)

Turn up your idle until you can clean your carbs, to prevent it from shutting off. It probably needs a good cleaning.

Okay now its 1000 /1100 rpm now
they clen the carbs but maybe ride good miles and clean again and sync

It's a common complaint here on the forum. It's not normal though.

Some guys find bad bearings in the steering stem, bad or loose swing arm bearings. Bad tire (front and back can both contribute) and the list goes on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

hello, news the carburators is leaking
and the problem handlebar shaking at 170kmh its from bearings they gonna put new kit bearings

Latest posts

Back