1992 pick up coil

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cmsmoke-4812

Reaction score
My pick up coil tests bad when warm. Has anyone used one from regulatorrectifier.com ($129.99) or anywhere else that is cheaper than OEM ($347) and has had good long term results?

do a search on the forum for the item and you should find some sources.

How many pickups does a 92 have. I have a set of 4, year unknown but they test good.

Attachments

• pickups.jpg
    pickups.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 14
Those won't work. The 85-89 (dual pickup) vs the 90-07 (single). I probably have good used OEM around here but I am not your cheapest option.

Thanks, guys. I ordered one from regulatorrectifier. A 1992 has just one as Sean mentions. I'm not cheap, but even $130.00 is about 3 times too much for what it is. I shouldn't complain, at least there is an alternative.

I did my 91 from RegulatorRectifier.com. It was harder to mount because at that point in time, RR.com only sold the PU unit (no mounting brackets attached to it). I had to cut the old PU unit away from the mounting brackets and affix the replacement unit. Nowadays it's easier (but a bit more expensive). So far it's been working great.. 4 years and counting.

This is what they used to sell.
replacment coil.jpg

So I had to mount it to the existing (old) bracket.
mount 1.jpg mount 2.jpg mount 3.jpg

Later on, they started selling it with the mounting bracket.

Latest posts

Back