Cable Clutch Master Cylinder switch help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidon

Reaction score
Anyone familiar with newer cable clutch microswitches on newer bikes?

Like this? Been told there is a Yamaha version. How does it work? Is there something on the lever to push on the switch internally? Anyone have one of these set ups?

Attachments

• accossatounvcblclchassm2012.jpg
    accossatounvcblclchassm2012.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 27
I converted ever gsxr I had to cable clutch but I've yet to see a housing for a Vmax- really haven't looked though. I just prefer an air shifter to a cable to hydraulic.

It's got a long push button in there that gets depressed by a casting on the lever.

It's got a long push button in there that gets depressed by a casting on the lever.

Is it a special casting on the lever or does the mounting hole go all the way through to the other side to expose the lever to the switch? Is there a pic of the lever anywhere or can you direct me to a Yamaha model that uses this set up so I can look at parts diagrams?

It should have a hole where the switch passes all the way through. Look up pictures of a Venture switch even which uses a similar setup but with an hydraulic master. The cable stuff will be R1/R6 and most any other sportbike.

Latest posts

Back