removing wheels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blyoth

Reaction score
The center stand was long gone on my VMax when I got it. I would like to take the wheels off one at a time. What is the best way to do this. Are there some good pick up points or something I can put a jack under?

The enduro guys use what's called a trail stand that is used opposite the side stand that could be used. Or just use a floor jack with a 2x6 or 8 under your exhaust. Just be careful.
Sean ([email protected]) or maybe another member has a centerstand their not using. I only use mine for tire changes/ maintenance work or for the occasional long touring trip.

You should be able to jack-up the rear wheel on the frame from the right side, so that the tire is off the ground, allowing you to remove the tire.

I just stick a Craftsman bike jack under the pan and lift the whole bike off the ground. I can remove both wheels at the same time, without problem..

I just stick a Craftsman bike jack under the pan and lift the whole bike off the ground. I can remove both wheels at the same time, without problem..

I have been looking under there. Doesn't seem like a lot of room to put a jack like that under there. Is it ok to lift the bike from the pan? I thought about cutting a piece of 2x12 to fit under there against the pan and using my floor jack.

Latest posts

Back