Dissapointed.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity why is it the sellers fault ? How long did it take to get there and how many hands and feet moved that box in transit ? When I ship stuff I always tape edges just to be safe but that box opened somewhere in transit I would think .
It took about 7 working days,multiple carriers.The box is flimsy,edges not taped very well.All the parts was well wrapped,but someone along the line has been in the box because there is loose parts.The seller told me the two downpipes were wrapped together with the can brackets.DSCN0837.JPGDSCN083DSCN0836.JPG8.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0837.JPG
    DSCN0837.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCN0838.JPG
    DSCN0838.JPG
    124.1 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCN0836.JPG
    DSCN0836.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 20
+1, that may take some fabbing prowess to get right and tight. Seller will reimburse for the missing pipe then that seems like a great solution. Really the shipper should be laying out some scratch for this goof up.
The seller says the shipper will have to pay,he is fully insured so he will not loose out.

I managed to make the missing pipe,i had an old 4-1 pipe so i cut it up.I picked a piece that was the closest fit,cut some slices out of it and bent it into shape,welded it up and wrapped it in black bandage.It took a lot of trying it on and off,but got there in the end.DSCN0886.jpgDSCN0885.jpgDSCN0887.jDSCN0888.jpgpgDSCN0889.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN0886.jpg
    DSCN0886.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN0885.jpg
    DSCN0885.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCN0887.jpg
    DSCN0887.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0888.jpg
    DSCN0888.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN0889.jpg
    DSCN0889.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 18
Looks like a lot of brass rod in that cobble-up. And where it fits into the cyl block piece is sure to leak, from the looks of it. Are you gonna replace it when you get the other parts in-hand? I expect so.

I just saw the pic of the flux-wire welder, so probably no brass rod, I thought the pipe looked brazed.

Looks like a lot of brass rod in that cobble-up. And where it fits into the cyl block piece is sure to leak, from the looks of it. Are you gonna replace it when you get the other parts in-hand? I expect so.
No theirs no leaks,welds are solid had to make a few small patches.Thats why it looks high.It fits well and exhaust is on.To neaten it up a bit i used black exhaust bandage, where it fits in the cylender head is sealed with fitting paste had to hammer it on.It will do for now,touch wood.If anything goes wrong,av got a holeshot 4-1 i can put on but i like this one better.

If it fits with no leaks then all good, were you able to keep the inside smooth? Glad you got it remedied, it helps to be resourceful doesn't it?

Happy trails!:cheers:

If it fits with no leaks then all good, were you able to keep the inside smooth? Glad you got it remedied, it helps to be resourceful doesn't it?

Happy trails!:cheers:
Insides are not bad,a repairs never gonna be 100%.Gotta make do,no spare cash.I need tyres and a seat cover,they will have to wait.At least av got the paint sorted,still to cold to paint but it's on it's way.

That would be great if you can sort me one out,the seller said he will accept a returns but it's a lot of messing about for a small piece of pipe.I can't make my mind up what to do,in my neck of the woods vmax exhaust are like gold dust and never sold as a compleat one.

Good luck getting the missing part, I think Sean may be your best avenue with least problems. I also agree UFO are notoriously loud, I bought my 2007 that had a UFO and had to ride it from Kansas City Mo. To Fargo and couldn't hear much when I got home. I replaced the UFO with Marks 4 into 2 which back then were very good. I think I heard he isn't making them anymore ?

Helps to have a welder.. I would have had to use crazy glue, and it might have held together 5 seconds. Good job. Wrapping the pipe was a good idea, too.

Back