My cat eye tail light fab

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hypermax

Reaction score
My first post here!
I decided to modify the fender liner for a cat eye taillight and my own license plate bracket. I used a spot weld drill to remove the license plate bracket without damaging liner. I traced out the license plate bracket shape I wanted on paper then made one out of 22ga steel. I had to drill two holes slightly above the stock taillight mounting holes to get the location I wanted. It uses stock mounting hardware. The mounting bolts hold the license bracket fairly tight but I also JB welded it to the liner. I stayed with an incandesant light and like the look.

Attachments

• bike 1.jpg
    bike 1.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 177
  • bike 2.jpg
    bike 2.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 170
  • bike 3.jpg
    bike 3.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 212
  • bike 4.jpg
    bike 4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 257
I like the fact that it actually has the White License Plate Lights so it would pass inspection here in NY.
That's pretty much the Only reason I haven't done a tail light mod yet.
How about posting info on Exactly what Light you used ?

I like the fact that it actually has the White License Plate Lights so it would pass inspection here in NY.
That's pretty much the Only reason I haven't done a tail light mod yet.
How about posting info on Exactly what Light you used ?

I, too, have been waiting to do a tail light mod until I can find a solution to the white license light problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My paper pattern. Some free hand, used a suitable socket for radiuses.
Lined paper so count the lines.
Maybe can resize and print image?

Attachments

• DSCN3406.jpg
    DSCN3406.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 40
Guys, i did the cbr mod and have a white license plate light. I live in Michigan and we too need the illumination on the plate. I used a 6 led strip, used weatherstrip adhesive to reassure it won't come off and wired it up the the running lights... check it out. Been on the bike for a year now and a few thousand miles of Michigans rough terrain roads, and hasn't budged.

Attachments

• CAM00060.jpg
    CAM00060.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 66
  • CAM00053.jpg
    CAM00053.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 64
Guys, i did the cbr mod and have a white license plate light. I live in Michigan and we too need the illumination on the plate. I used a 6 led strip, used weatherstrip adhesive to reassure it won't come off and wired it up the the running lights... check it out. Been on the bike for a year now and a few thousand miles of Michigans rough terrain roads, and hasn't budged.

That looks pretty bright of idea no pon intended :clapping:

My paper pattern. Some free hand, used a suitable socket for radiuses.
Lined paper so count the lines.
Maybe can resize and print image?
That'll work, I'm sure if I do make one I'll figure it out. :D

Last edited:

That looks awesome, think it would clear the plate of an extended 3" swingarm and a 200 tire? I want to do the cbr light mod bad but not sure I have the clearance.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Scott, it looks like it should work as it looks like it fits tighter than my current setup. I have hit my tire on my fender/ license bracket a couple of time on dips at the bottom of hills at triple digits speeds before I got the springs adjusted properly. I run Progressive 440 13" shocks moved forward ~2.5" on the bottom mount, stock weight springs set with 3 rings showing now. Also, I have 18" Carrozzeria wheels with a 200 Shinko Verge.

Latest posts

Back