Headlight housing "adjustment"

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcoop99

Reaction score
So I picked up a really cool headlight from Amazon knowing I would need to do some modification to the original housing
5-3/4 5.75 Inch Daymaker Projector LED Headlight for Harley Davidson Motorcycles Headlamp 45W Chrome https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019ETNZD6/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_bz3WxbJ3TWE57
However, I'm now needing some input on how to do it..... Im afraid if I do any cutting I will lose the functionality. Any ideas??
4282e8126257259747eaa73191f18c17.jpg
a2662afc429161c6e4a200a379ad61c1.jpg
6fa4510067b2c7f5f94e8ddf57b7a762.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If you don't mind altering the original bucket, you could use a piece of sheet metal (perhaps 24-30mm wide?), formed into a circle, and attached to the front of the bucket, with sheet metal screw or rivets. Alterations to the adjustment points/screws would also probably be needed. The extension ring could be painted black for a better look.
OR - you could do as I did, and find an alternative to the bucket itself. You may be able to find a stainless steel mixing bowl, of the correct diameter and depth required, that you could adapt to fit the bike's mounting points. Again, extra fabrication/riveting would be required, such as that lower bolt mount protrusion.
Have you checked the internet for "universal-type" buckets that might be used? I'm sure many other people have come up against this problem.
Cheers!

A little late here - just read this.

I found that the unit I purchased had two pieces of fabric/tape - one on each side. I felt what seemed like holes underneath, so I removed a piece to find that -yes- there were holes under
the tape. I found a bolt that fit the hole's threads (but was 4" long), so I used it to find and purchase two same-sized bolts in a length that would be short enough to use as mounting bolts.

I then did some measuring, and drilled two holes (one on each side) in the stock bucket corresponding with the holes in the new headlight unit.

The new headlight mounted easily, and stays exactly where it's set. The only noticeable difference (other than the headlight itself) are the two bolt heads which barely protrude from the
sides of the bucket.

I paid $55 for the headlight shipped, and almost $2.00 for the bolts.

Easy, and no one outside of a Vmaxer can tell how I did it :eusa_dance:

Latest posts

Back