Digisync headlight smart switch won't fit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beezer66

Reaction score
I bought a smart switch and hooked it all up, with the relay in the headlight bucket, I can't get the headlight back in. The wires between the switch and headlight are short and I can't move it around very much to get clearance. Anyone have the smart switch? How did you make it fit? Is there a deeper headlight bucket that I can buy to make it all fit?

http://thedigisync.com/smartswitch-top-page.html

I bought the smart switch for the fog lights, because I blew the main 30A fuse and figured that the new fogs light running on the headlight circuit must have done it.

Hy,

Yeap the head light bucket dose not have too much room

Using a relay to protect your handle bar switch could be a good idea;
(( i did so on our member `` speedcostsmoney ``2004 Max ))
I put both relay (hyght-low) near by the air box, because the use of hight draw courent light that have pited is handlebar contact mecanisim.

The bad idea is;
the need of a relay because you draw to much courrent using all sort of gadget will at the end bring problem in the charging system.

There is now LED option to add lighting every where whyle keeping courent draw below or equal of stock configuration

:bang head: i did the best i can with my language barrier :bang head:

I got it in my stock bucket ok. Yes it's a little cramped, but well worth the effort. I drive at night more now because I can see so well.

I made up a set of relays for my lights. Got the parts from Eastern Beaver. The relays are very small, and everything did fit in the headlight bucket.

I made up a set of relays for my lights. Got the parts from Eastern Beaver. The relays are very small, and everything did fit in the headlight bucket.

+1, I am also using Eastern Beaver relay kit installed back in 2008 or 09 and run a 55/100 bulb. It is a tight fit in the bucket but it can be done. I'm running the dual relay kit one for low an one for high. The low beam is much brighter than stock and the high beam is very bright. I don't ride much at night due to being in a rural area with all manner of animals who like to cross the road in front of you. If I do end up riding at night my headlights work pretty OK, I have a '03 FZ1 whose lights are still better though.
I am debating on running this LED bulb setup in a 7" bucket like this one on Ebay.

+1, I am also using Eastern Beaver relay kit installed back in 2008 or 09 and run a 55/100 bulb. It is a tight fit in the bucket but it can be done. I'm running the dual relay kit one for low an one for high. The low beam is much brighter than stock and the high beam is very bright. I don't ride much at night due to being in a rural area with all manner of animals who like to cross the road in front of you. If I do end up riding at night my headlights work pretty OK, I have a '03 FZ1 whose lights are still better though.
I am debating on running this LED bulb setup in a 7" bucket like this one on Ebay.

Thanks for the idea, I have a LED light similar to that already. I took it out because it gets hot. The LED has a long pigtail, so I pulled the connectors for the light and relay out the back of the headlight bucket and stuffed them up behind the bucket under the speedometer. The LED fits; pulling the relay and connectors out, the LED has more space to keep the temp down. I will use some heat shrink tubing keep the connectors and relay dry.

Thanks for the idea, I have a LED light similar to that already. I took it out because it gets hot. The LED has a long pigtail, so I pulled the connectors for the light and relay out the back of the headlight bucket and stuffed them up behind the bucket under the speedometer. The LED fits; pulling the relay and connectors out, the LED has more space to keep the temp down. I will use some heat shrink tubing keep the connectors and relay dry.

You may also try putting dielectric grease into all the connections before you seal them up with the shrink wrap. I have also used self amalgamating tape to seal up connections to good effect.

Thanks to Redbone for posting the LED H4 headlamp from Cyclops, looks like a good unit. And reminding us of Eastern Beaver, a good resource for things electric (as in, "I Sing the Bike Electric," with apologies to Walt Whitman).

Latest posts

Back