Dissapointed.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

effingidiot

Reaction score
U.K. A soldier of life,just soldiering throu.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/391735695587?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT I ordered this exhaust all the way from the USA,at the time it seemed my cheapest option.The packaging was torn,one of the rear down pipes is missing.If i send it back i will probably have to pay shipping cost and loose even more money i haven't got,i could make one of my old down pipes fit but that's not the point.Nothings going right with my bike,at the moment am pissed off.

Contact the seller as fast as possible. It would be a good deal if he sends you the pipe. If not, I've had good luck getting my money back from E-Bay. It might turn out ok for you.
Steve-o

Agree with Steve.

All parts needed are shown in the photo.
If you are missing parts I would contact the seller immediately. Take photos of what was received and take photos of the box showing the damage.

Try to work it out with the seller.

If they don't fix the situation I would get a refund through paypal or ebay if you didn't use paypal.

It shouldn't cost you any more than it already has.

I think it's an old UFO system. I MIGHT have a pipe that will work or Mike Lee's might still be making a similar pipe and can get you a new one.

Three bills USA is a great deal for the system. Be prepared to use ear plugs if you want to listen to your grandchildren down life's road.

In my many years of ebay buying and selling I have had to open a case against a seller once for the item not matching the description and I was successful. Ideally the seller will offset the cost for you. That is a decent price for any aftermarket system. Try seller first as said and have pics of how it arrived, I see he has good feedback so he cant be to bad to work with. Often there is insurance with the shipper so there is another possible avenue. Sorry it happened this way, that does suck. Once she is sorted out the good times will definitely roll. I had to go through a few hoops to get mine right too but the rewards are worth it. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Yea, that soundd like you may have recourse with seller or shipper. Shipping insurance is common to all carriers in the US, You do have the rational that the system us unusable without the missing part which would hopefuly get you something back. Sounds like you may be able to get just the missing DP too so this might work ou prettyt well. Im not sure but I think the seller would be the one to open a claim with the shipper as soon as he has the pics, this is the exact reason packages are insured.

I think it's an old UFO system. I MIGHT have a pipe that will work or Mike Lee's might still be making a similar pipe and can get you a new one.
That would be great if you can sort me one out,the seller said he will accept a returns but it's a lot of messing about for a small piece of pipe.I can't make my mind up what to do,in my neck of the woods vmax exhaust are like gold dust and never sold as a compleat one.

Here is some info for you, and pics of what I did to quiet-down my UFO 4/1. The last attachment is just for fun.

http://starriderperformance.com/

Maxflow DragStar 4-1 Exhaust w/ Megaphone Muffler - Black Ceramic Coated (85-07 VMax All)

Now $699.99

SKU:
SRP-0639154

Looking for that exhaust system that will not only boost performance, but appearance and sound as well? Mandrel bent tubing and crossed rear head pipes make this one high flowing exhaust system. Aggressive styling and a throaty rumble finish it off to complete the entire package.

Product Features

• 1.5" OD
  • 0.065 Wall Tubing
  • Mandrel Bent
  • Hand Welded
  • Ceramic Coated Inside and Out
  • 2" or 2.5" Baffle Core Options
  • End Caps Available in 1.5", 2.0" and 2.5" Outlets
  • No Need To Cut Center Stand Mounts
  • Center Stand Can Be Attached For Service
  • SS Clamps
  • 100% MADE IN USA, NORTON, OHIO
  • choice of baffle core and end cap sizes, see website
Note: I have a Dragstar and you need earplugs! I don't care what baffle you have, with one exception, my "Franken-bike" muffler, which may be ungainly in aesthetics but which allows me to run VBoost, Dynojet Stage 7 jet kit, and not annoy a law enforcement officer, even when he's riding to my right (the side the 4/1 can is on!)
Attachment 1: Franken-bike muffler (very quiet)
Attachment 2: Daytona, UFO Dragstar 4/1 minimum baffle (very, very LOUD)
Attachment 3: UFO Dragstar 4/1 with megaphone, slightly less-loud than above
Attachment 4: UFO logo on the megaphone, Jon Cornell shipped this megaphone to me less than a month before his death
Attachment 5: making canisters work on the 4/1 header pipe
Attachment 6: what's in the treeline?

look here for something similar to make your work:
http://starriderperformance.com/1985-2007-vmax/exhaust/new-category/

SRP_42SS__27970.1470329010.500.750.png

Attachments

• iphone pictures 6-26-2014 854.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 854.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 14
  • iphone pictures 6-26-2014 669.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 669.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 14
  • iphone pictures 6-26-2014 722.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 722.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 13
  • iphone pictures 6-26-2014 723.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 723.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 10
  • iphone pictures 6-26-2014 750.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 750.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 12
  • iphone pictures 6-26-2014 1000.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 1000.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 11
Here is some info for you, and pics of what I did to quiet-down my UFO 4/1. The last attachment is just for fun.

http://starriderperformance.com/

Maxflow DragStar 4-1 Exhaust w/ Megaphone Muffler - Black Ceramic Coated (85-07 VMax All)

Now $699.99

SKU:
SRP-0639154

Looking for that exhaust system that will not only boost performance, but appearance and sound as well? Mandrel bent tubing and crossed rear head pipes make this one high flowing exhaust system. Aggressive styling and a throaty rumble finish it off to complete the entire package.

Product Features

• 1.5" OD
  • 0.065 Wall Tubing
  • Mandrel Bent
  • Hand Welded
  • Ceramic Coated Inside and Out
  • 2" or 2.5" Baffle Core Options
  • End Caps Available in 1.5", 2.0" and 2.5" Outlets
  • No Need To Cut Center Stand Mounts
  • Center Stand Can Be Attached For Service
  • SS Clamps
  • 100% MADE IN USA, NORTON, OHIO
  • choice of baffle core and end cap sizes, see website
Note: I have a Dragstar and you need earplugs! I don't care what baffle you have, with one exception, my "Franken-bike" muffler, which may be ungainly in aesthetics but which allows me to run VBoost, Dynojet Stage 7 jet kit, and not annoy a law enforcement officer, even when he's riding to my right (the side the 4/1 can is on!)
Attachment 1: Franken-bike muffler (very quiet)
Attachment 2: Daytona, UFO Dragstar 4/1 minimum baffle (very, very LOUD)
Attachment 3: UFO Dragstar 4/1 with megaphone, slightly less-loud than above
Attachment 4: UFO logo on the megaphone, Jon Cornell shipped this megaphone to me less than a month before his death
Attachment 5: making canisters work on the 4/1 header pipe
Attachment 6: what's in the treeline?

look here for something similar to make your work:
http://starriderperformance.com/1985-2007-vmax/exhaust/new-category/

SRP_42SS__27970.1470329010.500.750.png
Very nice.But i aint got that sort of money,thats why i got a used one all the way from the US of A.

I think your best bet is to try and contact Star RiderPerformance and see if you can buy a pipe from them, and then ask the original seller to reimburse you. Just make sure you ask for the correct pipe.

Out of curiosity why is it the sellers fault ? How long did it take to get there and how many hands and feet moved that box in transit ? When I ship stuff I always tape edges just to be safe but that box opened somewhere in transit I would think .

I don't think you want to use that. You'll want the proper part.
+1, that may take some fabbing prowess to get right and tight. Seller will reimburse for the missing pipe then that seems like a great solution. Really the shipper should be laying out some scratch for this goof up.

Latest posts

Back