is this a scam?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ve been scammed many ways in over 20 years.

Everything is reverse able. Fake checks, cashier checks etc, can take up to 3 months to show up fraudulent. Learned that one the hard way.

Its hard to say. I have a few fake checks on my peg board. Its a legitimate check. Just fake account. They faked the USPS shipping label as well. Email was from Joe in Florida, Check came from Bill in Kentucky, and the shipping envelope came from John in Ohio. The whole thing was fake. I was pretty amazed how well they faked everything.

The USPS shipping I took back to the post office and the post master couldnt tell, but when they sent it off to the investigation office, they sent me back images to show where it was faked at etc.

Totally amazing what people can do. If they only put that much effort into something legal... imagine the money they would make haha.

Todd

This is a scam period. Why email back and forth with this guy? Even 'if' legit, why hassle with this guy? The bike will sell face to face without the B.S. If it could be a bad deal, don't chance it. But I know people who have lost out on this very same thing. I can tell details about it if need be but just stay away from this...

This is a scam period. Why email back and forth with this guy? Even 'if' legit, why hassle with this guy? The bike will sell face to face without the B.S. If it could be a bad deal, don't chance it. But I know people who have lost out on this very same thing. I can tell details about it if need be but just stay away from this...

I told him I have decided not to sell out of the country,it's just not worth the risk. he quickly replied and said thanks anyways..

Sometimes it's safer. A wire transfer is the safest route but even then as noted it could be reversed. NOW, an alternative would be a transfer through Western Union. I don't know if they can be scammed on their end? Something to look into.

Sometimes it's safer. A wire transfer is the safest route but even then as noted it could be reversed. NOW, an alternative would be a transfer through Western Union. I don't know if they can be scammed on their end? Something to look into.

My bank (Wells Fargo) told me if they wire the money, they can't take it back.

I checked into it because I sold a SRX600 to a guy in California and he got goofy on me after the bike was in his possession. Something about him not being able to register it.

My bank (Wells Fargo) told me if they wire the money, they can't take it back.

I checked into it because I sold a SRX600 to a guy in California and he got goofy on me after the bike was in his possession. Something about him not being able to register it.

I was at my bank this morning & asked again to just to make sure I was not misunderstanding something & they told me if a wire was still pending it could be cancelled but once it was in your account it was a done deal & they would not reverse it.

I was at my bank this morning & asked again to just to make sure I was not misunderstanding something & they told me if a wire was still pending it could be cancelled but once it was in your account it was a done deal & they would not reverse it.

the only down side to a wire transfer is they now have your banking information, then when you send the title they have your name and address :ummm:
something to consider

Anything across international borders is trickey. Hell, I just tried to pay Jedi with a USPS money order and he messaged me back saying the U.S. Postal Money order is not accepted in Austrailia. So, Super Sean to the rescue! (again)! He deals with Steve all the time so he sent it after I resent it to him. That surprised me. I figured a Postal money order would be better that anything. Guess I was wrong.

Oh yea, Bill: I hope it's your 05 and not your 85,that your selling! Oh, my bad, just saw your ad on here for your 05. Damn, $4700 is a great deal for that bike Bill! You shouldn't have any problem getting that much. If I didn't just buy a house I'd love to have it. But at least mine will sit in a nice warm garage that's already set aside for my Vmax. I just got married on the 23rd of September and it was her idea to make the garage my Vmax zone. I did marry my idea of the perfect woman after all.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back