CARROZZERIA wheel thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

one2dmax

Staff member
Reaction score
Wheel Pics and Info

Wheel Information:

Front
Old 33 lbs: Stock rim, ME 880 110/90-18
New 29lbs: Carr, Avon Cobra 130/70-18 Even with a much bigger tire I still lost 4lbs (Edit - I normally suggest a 120/70-18)

Rear
Old 41lbs: Stock rim ME 880 170/80-15
New 33lbs: Carr, Avon Cobra 180/55-18 (Edit - A 200/50-18 will also fit on a modified swingarm)

The Specs per Carrozzeria:
Super Light Weight 9.5 lbs (front), 14.7 lbs (rear)

Edit Note - 3 of the 4 OEM dust seals install as is. One of the seals (front left if I remember correctly) must be custom fitted if you want to have a seal on all sides (though they are sealed bearings and it's not requried).

The normally included bolts are not a great quality. The are black oxide bolts and tend to rust up easily (especially when they get wet). We have chromed bolts available if you want to change them out.

100_3043.jpg

After1.jpg

After2.jpg

3996393664_9154bc5ae2_b.jpg

3996393516_a64cd494c4_b.jpg

Horrendous117

Horrendous117

vmaxid.jpg
vmaxid.jpg
vmaxid.jpg
vmaxid.jpg
Horrendous117

Attachments

• 6in over arm with wheel and brake bracket.jpg
    6in over arm with wheel and brake bracket.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 337
  • Black Carrozzeria.jpg
    Black Carrozzeria.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 305
  • Carr Wheels - Black Front.jpg
    Carr Wheels - Black Front.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 309
  • Carr Wheels - Gold.jpg
    Carr Wheels - Gold.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 305
  • Frame Start to Assemble.jpg
    Frame Start to Assemble.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 376
  • Carr Wheels with Metz Tires.jpg
    Carr Wheels with Metz Tires.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 352
  • VMax-Marks Pipes+Carro Wheels-Side.jpg
    VMax-Marks Pipes+Carro Wheels-Side.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 410
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 374
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 369
  • IMAG0343.jpg
    IMAG0343.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 255
  • IMAG0357.jpg
    IMAG0357.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 263
  • IMAG0346.jpg
    IMAG0346.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 260
  • IMAG0345.jpg
    IMAG0345.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 245
  • IMAG0341.jpg
    IMAG0341.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 300
  • IMAG0300.jpg
    IMAG0300.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 270
  • IMAG0299.jpg
    IMAG0299.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_3082.jpg
    IMG_3082.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 284
  • KevinVmax.jpg
    KevinVmax.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 351
  • P50404875.jpg
    P50404875.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 270
  • P50404854.jpg
    P50404854.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 262
  • SDC14044.jpg
    SDC14044.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 328
  • cazz1.jpg
    cazz1.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 231
  • cazz2.jpg
    cazz2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 200
  • cazz3.jpg
    cazz3.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 184
  • cazz4.jpg
    cazz4.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
OK, i'm in the final stages of negotiation and we are looking at 18's front and rear like previously done. We know this combination works well. They could have done a 17" front but according to the engineers the rake/trail combination would not be idea for a stable handling bike.

So, who all would be "in" on this initial purchase. Of course price will dictate a lot of that but what does everyone feel a fair price would be?

For comparison:
RC Comp Wheels sold by myself and others like Sportmax run $1900-$2000 plus shipping. They are very nice wheels and have more patterns available but they are also much heavier so from a purely handling standpoint they aren't even a comparison.

UFO Airframe Wheels. These look like they are heavy like the RC Comp wheels (you can see how thick the center web is). BUT, i don't have a firm comparison on these. Price is $2200 plus shipping.

UFO max daddy rear. A rear wheel only. $1200 and is for sure a heavy piece.

Kosman: Not sure what the current pricing is but it's done on your wheels. I know it's at least $1300 or more.

Cycle One Off: $1660 plus shipping on conversion 17" wheels (nice but not nearly as nice as the carr wheels if you ask me).

I am thinking my regular price on these will be around $2200 shipped. BUT, initial customers will get them for $1850 shipped. I may have occassional sales for $2000 shipped.

Sean

These are all going to be anodized. The titanium color and polish options are not going to be offered by Carrozzeria anymore. We can get them polished or chromed if desired but that would be an extra cost (and higher then their polishing option was).

Sean

$1850 is a great deal on such beautiful rims. Depending on when exactly the original purchase would begin, I will be in on the $1850!

What exactly does "anodized" look like?

Sean, would someone be able to order just a rear? Can we get them raw?

They will be stocking them at the warehouse for me (already paid for by me) in raw finish. They will do a bead tumble and chemical dip prior to shipping for anyone wanting it "raw" so it can be polished or chromed (or coated) more readily.

I would consider a rear only (though I would be stuck with a front at that point) but looking at maybe $1150 shipped.

The anodized is what their normal finish is and comes in a variety of colors (seen on their website and in some of the pictures above). Once we get them manufactured they will be able to get them prepped and shipped within a couple of weeks of my request to ship.

I'd like to try and get firm committed and paid orders up front so I can offset the initial hit of 50 sets (you guys can do the math and how much capital I will be tying up).

Sean

Fastenal low head socket capscrews A-4 s/s
Fastenal part# MQ2580016A4000
8 m/m x 16 m/m
Rotor bolts that won't rust.

Hmmm, That gold color almost looks like a Bronze, in which case, may look really good though I havn't seen a completed vmax with that color wheel yet. Sean, are you already accepting payment or are you looking at a future date?

Around thanksgiving is 'doable' just. I'm just happy that these wheels are seriously an option again. If I don't make it in on the initial order I'll catch it on the next round.

OK, everyone with a serious desire to get that initial purchase at $1850 needs to get in direct contact with me. I've got to get the funds arranged and the more I get committed the less I have to take from elsewhere.

email at [email protected]

I'll also need to know the color wheels you are wanting.

Sean

Yes, I should have the final details worked out right after Christmas! Possibly as early as tomorrow. Carrozzeria is ready on their end and I am finishing up the money deal on my end. More details very shortly!!!

Sean

Sean are you going to half up front, half at delivery or what so I can be prepared for the leap. Might there be a tire special available for a bolt and go option?

I didn't want to get too much details out there until the deal was firmed up (which is taking longer then I wanted and should be done this coming week). BUT, here's what is going to happen.

The wheels will take 10-12 weeks to get ready at the machining process. Then another 1-2 weeks for color and bearing assembly prep. Then ship time. The cost is set to have them ship direct to the customer. You'll move over your splined drive, add seals if so desired, and move over the thrust washer from the brake side and inner bushing from the splined side. The bearings are all sealed and don't require any seals though we have used them ourselves.

The wheels could be sent to me and I could install the splined drive and seals (only 3 of the 4 oem seals fit and could be used). Then i could reship back out to the customer. I would still need a splined drive shipped back to me. This really isn't all that difficult. We could also put tires on though shipping will really get higher doing that.

So, I would like to get $850 up front and the $1000 when ready for delivery. Plus any extra shipping if you want us to do the spline swap (which is easy and should easily be able to be done by the end user). Keep in mind that price is going to be for the initial orders. Anyone after the wheels are complete will be a higher cost.

After rereading the note I see you're asking about a tire special. There isn't a lot of markup on tires compared to what you can get them online for and shipped direct to you. If something comes up between now and then i'll try and make them available.

Sean

Thanks Sean and a Bump for this thread. Ya gotta see these wheels to appreciate them. Start saving now, especially at this price!

Latest posts

Back