Second gear fix

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also noticed on diss-assembly I have the oil supply o-ring issue. I have seen before there was a kit for this with a new bottom bumper . Does anyone have that information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean Morley of Morley's muscle has that o-ring kit and some other mods for the oil pickup and heavy-duty oiling. Since it's apart, seems like a wise investment.

Finally got it to the point of testing it. Just finished rebuilding the carbs, and synced them up. Did a pretty good bench sync with feeler gauge. Not too much adjustment need with the carbtune .
2 things... 2nd gear work great now not slipping out. And the clutch sure works better when installed correctly (PO had the ring seat up side down and the spring was walking off center)
Gearing down will chirp the rear tire now if too high of rpm.
Just need to finish paining the tins

Did I miss something, I hope you got Seans overdrive/undercut tranny. It sure makes the Gen1 alot more practical. Can't quote the reduction percentage but sure settles in at 80 nicely on the highway. Venture rear and another reduction at the Madmax offset helps too.

No it was out of my limited price range for now. Swapped with a newer used tranny that was babied. Would have preferred the under cut and different ratio but money had to go another direction durning this time.

Latest posts

Back