May I suggest a way to organize tech in a logical order

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefly

Reaction score
May I sugest a way to organize tech in a logical order

If we have all systems of the bike like in the service manual a person can find what they are looking for quickly all in one place, a subcategory of common problems and common fixes for each system.
for example:
1- A section of the most frequent problems , example wobble, over heating, the grounding to rectifier.
2- A section on the most basic mods to start with when modifying your max .
3- Bike systems with subcategories : 1- steering, 2- brakes, 3- cooling system. 4- clutch, 5- electrical system
6- suspension, 7- engine, 8- carburetor, 9- wheels & tires, swing arm, 10- fairing & cosmetics, 11- exhaust/ pipes
12- miscellaneous.
We all are members of other vmax forums and can fill the site with good information from own experiences with the bike and mods .
________
Jaguar Mark X specifications

Last edited:
Re: May I sugest a way to organize tech in a logical order

firefly said:
If we have all systems of the bike like in the service manual a person can find what they are looking for quickly all in one place, a subcategory of common problems and common fixes for each system.
for example:
1- A section of the most frequent problems , example wobble, over heating, the grounding to rectifier.
2- A section on the most basic mods to start with when modifying your max .
3- Bike systems with subcategories : 1- steering, 2- brakes, 3- cooling system. 4- clutch, 5- electrical system
6- suspension, 7- engine, 8- carburetor, 9- wheels & tires, swing arm, 10- fairing & cosmetics, 11- exhaust/ pipes
12- miscellaneous.
We all are members of other vmax forums and can fill the site with good information from own experiences with the bike and mods .

I saw your PM about this, but I'm pretty sure people don't want to go to a site that has 100 plus forums. While it looks organized and neat on paper, it doesn't translate well to an Internet site. The search function is faster than having all those forums. My 2 cents...

Buster Hymen said:
I saw your PM about this, but I'm pretty sure people don't want to go to a site that has 100 plus forums. While it looks organized and neat on paper, it doesn't translate well to an Internet site. The search function is faster than having all those forums. My 2 cents...
I agree. If there is a tech section all the threads will be there for people to search for what they need. The search funcvtion on a site like this is far more effective than the Yahoo groups most of the members are used too

First post here. Please look at VMAXchat.co.uk..i like the way it's set up there. All tech questions should be in one forum and then replies to each can have separate threads. I completely disagree with one of the previous posts that said to have it more broken down by catagories. Just have one general tech area and if you don't want to read the posts ignore them..but that way it's easier to keep track of what is a new post and what's not. Also you hae to get a easily remebered name for the site like VMAX central or VMAXCOMM. I can never remember datanet

D

I second that motion!

davidon said:
First post here. Please look at VMAXchat.co.uk..i like the way it's set up there. All tech questions should be in one forum and then replies to each can have separate threads. I completely disagree with one of the previous posts that said to have it more broken down by catagories. Just have one general tech area and if you don't want to read the posts ignore them..but that way it's easier to keep track of what is a new post and what's not. Also you hae to get a easily remebered name for the site like VMAX central or VMAXCOMM. I can never remember datanet

D

If you scroll to the bottom of the page there are 2 ways of knowing what posts are new since you were last here. See attachment.

Attachments

• new threads.jpg
    new threads.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 11

and the name chang of the forum has also been addressed in another thread.

This forum is brand new folks, give the guy some time.

new posts are the first thing I want to check when I go to a website..you should reverse the order and have new posts at the top and old at the bottom (I know this site is new just giving some feedback on what I think works)

davidon said:
new posts are the first thing I want to check when I go to a website..you should reverse the order and have new posts at the top and old at the bottom (I know this site is new just giving some feedback on what I think works)

The quick and easy way to check new posts:

Look at the top of the page. Click "Menu". A quick links window will open. Click "New Posts". Voila! All posts you have not already opened, newest to oldest. Hope this helps.

G Man

G Man said:
The quick and easy way to check new posts:

Look at the top of the page. Click "Menu". A quick links window will open. Click "New Posts". Voila! All posts you have not already opened, newest to oldest. Hope this helps.

G Man
exactly!

OK Buster , its turning out like the other forums with scattered info and posts that are only chats.
I will not suggest anymore if that is what you prefer.
________
how to roll blunts

Last edited:
firefly said:
OK Buster , its turning out like the other forums with scattered info and posts that are only chats.
Just becuase we dont agree with your suggestion doesnt mean that we arent open to suggestions. If everyone would keep all posts about tech inside the tech section it wouldnt be spread out

firefly said:
I'm not asking you or anyone for that matter not to suggest things. In fact I like some of your suggestions and suggestions from other forum users. I want this forum to work on an open platform where the end user can help develop the board. You've seen from the responses that people don't want to see a lot of forums. I've heard from others that they want less! I'm trying to keep a middle ground here. I'm trying to confine chats to The Pit Stop (technically this thread should be in that forum), so that technical posts will be in the right area. But remember this forum isn't even a month old, so things are going to take a bit of time to sort out.
I like your input and the posts that you've done. I've asked if you want to contribute to creating a FAQ for this board as I need help doing a bunch of stuff in the background of the forum. :cheers00:

Hey Buster,

Wot about me?

Do you like my posts?

I've been trying very hard to contribute!

Participation and Suggestions

I am happy for all who are posting here, And we are seeing some general chat as well, I like that as well as the next guy.

Hey lamp Chop, what are you? Those are things we serve for dinner here! LOL

As for my bikes, a couple for sale, always open for offers, if people know I have them maybe I sell one or two! I do also have a couple listed in the sales column, but a little free advertising never hurt!

Also lets other Vmax folks know I am also into other types of riding, have a couple hook-ups already to do some other types of riding.

Latest posts

Back