i " SPANDEX WORRIER'S " WHAT THE FUCK ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tractors impede traffic, school buses impede traffic, deer impede traffic, scooters impede traffic, amish horse & buggies impede traffic, and on and on and on............

Why do you discriminate? Hate them all or tolerate them all.

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME , THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THOSE JERK-OFFS ON BICYCLES PERIOD !
I'm not talking about one or two , I'm taking about a PACK , 8 - 10 - 20
Why are you avoiding answering my question , What would you , meaning you yourself do if they are peddling in the middle of the road going 20 mph in a 50 mph zone ?

Yea tim i get what your saying,We had a gang of them cross a four lane ,Where one went the other 20 followed ,Cars blowed there horns ,In the group a dump truck crossed the double yellow line trying to miss em,A tractor trailer was in the oncoming lane,Came really close to being a bunch of people hurt or killed,There not very safety conscious,At least not around here.If i had done something like that back in the day my dad would have busted my ass!!Yea we got tractors farmers you kinda know what there doing,These college kids are part of some kinda bicycle racing team I was once young and stupid too.That's how i deal with old drivers tractors and all the other silly shit out there.Hope your doing well.miss you being on here.I bet lil cop runner aint so little now .

I'm not being a dick , I'm just curious , what do you and others do when a "PACK" of them are blocking the road peddling 20 mph's in a 50 mph zone ?
If you go around them they flip you off !
Do others Just follow behind them ?

I'm going around, it may not (definitely wont) be politely done, or even really safe, but it's happening. They are always one cellphone-wielding idiot from a wheelchair and colostomy bag. How smart can they be?

How many people just crawl along behind them, enabling them, making the situation worse? I think we need a whole lot less tolerance with road going bicyclists. Seems quite shallow to me that they thoughtlessly endanger and inconvenience other road users and seem to have an almost arrogance about it. It embodies all that is entitled douche bag in our free society.

Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME , THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THOSE JERK-OFFS ON BICYCLES PERIOD !
I'm not talking about one or two , I'm taking about a PACK , 8 - 10 - 20
Why are you avoiding answering my question , What would you , meaning you yourself do if they are peddling in the middle of the road going 20 mph in a 50 mph zone ?

I answered your question. I tolerate them.

Honestly, you really can't do much without breaking the law and getting in trouble. Maybe contact your state Reps and try to change the laws. I would however refrain from using "JERK-OFFS ON BICYCLES" thou.......:biglaugh:

I answered your question. I tolerate them.

Honestly, you really can't do much without breaking the law and getting in trouble. Maybe contact your state Reps and try to change the laws. I would however refrain from using "JERK-OFFS ON BICYCLES" thou.......:biglaugh:

Actually there are good laws on the books , just not enforced , down here anyway .

I know the world is CRAZY and FALLING APART as we speak , this thread is just one of the minor things that bothers me .

Still DEALING WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKERS DOWN HERE , WAS YELLING AT 2 TRIBES OF SPANDEX WORRIORS LAST WEEKEND TO GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE ROAD AS THEY WERE BLOCKING TRAFFIC GOING THE OPISIT DIRECTION THAT I WAS , CARS WERE TYING TO GO AROUND THEM AND THEY WERE BLOCKING THEM ! ! !
I JUST WANT TO ASK YOU GUY’S THAT ARE “ PRO SPANDEX WORRIORS “ , WHY CAN THEY NOT STAY IN THE BIKE LANE ? ? ?

Tim, make a complaint to the local PD, the riders often ride the same route at the same time of day. Include an email to your local gov't elected representative and the federal elected representatives. I know this sounds excessive, but you explain you almost hit the illegally riding group when they violated the right of way you had on a green light, and you almost wrecked your vehicle avoiding their reckless behavior. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Be sure to c.c. yourself to have a 'paper trail' and if you find yourself at the same place and the same time of day, and the same group does the same obstruction of the road, a video is a good tool to document their continuing pattern of breaking traffic laws. With that, and your prior complaint as a matter of record, you have a legitimate reason to ask for enforcement of traffic laws where your safety and well-being has been compromised.

Still DEALING WITH THESE MOTHERFUCKERS DOWN HERE , WAS YELLING AT 2 TRIBES OF SPANDEX WORRIORS LAST WEEKEND TO GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE ROAD AS THEY WERE BLOCKING TRAFFIC GOING THE OPISIT DIRECTION THAT I WAS , CARS WERE TYING TO GO AROUND THEM AND THEY WERE BLOCKING THEM ! ! !
I JUST WANT TO ASK YOU GUY’S THAT ARE “ PRO SPANDEX WORRIORS “ , WHY CAN THEY NOT STAY IN THE BIKE LANE ? ? ?
They want to dominate. Depends on personality, a lot of jerks on motorcycles, cars and pedestrians and bicycles.

Peleton goes past my house every week. Our City has established pedestrian lanes on the roadsides, a crap load of signage, and building additional “multi-use” trails all over. Our guys actually pay attention to the laws. But then again, I live on the good coast and you live where the nut jobs live !

Tractors are traveling to another field to grow food, school buses are taking kids to school, bicycle riders are just riding around. Not much a problem here, usually the more urban there are more bicycles. Which makes things worse. There were two riders near Nashville and one was in the middle of the road with double lines, car passed illegally out of frustration and clipped the guy in the middle of the lane. People were outraged at the driver, but he had been following for some time and couldn't get a place to pass. The rider had to know he was back there but didn't care. The bicycle rider should have been more defensive riding since he is so much more likely to be hurt. Maybe they haven't had many 'get offs' to understand to minimize the dangers.

Ok, I was going to move on from posting this experience, maybe it's best to share, for what it's worth.

About a month ago I was heading home, I drive all day and average 200 mile's daily. I cover the front range here in CO. and see alot on the road's here.

I was close to home and thinking how smooth the day had gone when I came up on a slowdown on a normally fast paced street, 8th ave, runs east and west, one lane in each direction and rush hour about 4:30 p.m.

The slowdown is a group of four on bike's peddling slowly in the middle of the east bound lane, the car immediately behind them was falling way back "tolerating" them while other car's began honking and crossing the double yellow into on coming traffic to get around these bicyclists.

Three of the bike's got over toward the shoulder while the guy in front stayed in the middle of the lane and began the double flip-off. He held up both arm's flipping off the people behind him, the one's making it around him and on coming traffic!

Now people are slowing down to say a few things as they pass him and oncoming traffic is having to yield to them. It took about a mile for me and my turn to tell this jerk to get the fuck out of the road
as I went around him. Now once clear I had about another half mile to go before my left turn onto my street and I'm about eight blocks from home....

When I got an opening for my turn I glanced in my left side mirror and there is this punk poising to take out my mirror with his foot! I veered out of the turn and pulled over to curb and was out of the car quick!

This clown knew what he was about to do but immediately had his phone in my face, filming, telling me to explain why I should be pissed at him for riding on the street. Never mind him being in the middle of the lane flipping off traffic!!

Now as I'm saying to him to mention into the camera what he was doing, other people are now slowing down and circling back around the block with their phones out the window filming this altercation.
As the shouting match continued I realized how this has gotten way out of hand and told this clown on film how I wished I could have smeared him into the pavement with my car, and meant it!

He was literally in my face with his phone, I wanted to smash him but I got in my car and turned to my right in the seat to buckle-up when this fuckin punk circled around, got a little momentum and hacked a loogie in my face....

I'm shaking as I type this.
I was out of the car and caught him as he tried to ride against traffic to get away.
At 6'2",237, in great shape and fueled by adrenaline, rage and disbelief I tackled him and the bike.
I pulled his head so far backward by his little foam helmet that his mouth was wide open in a scream while I spit right down his throat.

His trusty phone had slid out into the traffic lane, I heard a female voice screaming "stop it your going to kill him".I was instantly out of my rage and now thinking to just get the fuck out of here when this idiot is back in my face with his phone shouting"tell the police what you've done to me"
I again lost control and plowed him right in the mouth....it, the release, felt GOOD!!

Now Im back in my car, his friends on their bikes are there screaming whatever and all I could think is Assault Charge, witnesses, cell phone footage and nothing to corroborate or justify my story.

I live just a half mile away and was home in minutes but had to change and go to another job. I decided to head back that way, now in my truck and couldn't believe what I saw. This punk was whaling, even after the half hour or so it took me to get back there with all the other bikers and people in cars pulled over comforting him, what a crime scene!

I knew I was in trouble and decided to head back home, there was a police suburban out front of my house, I rolled right by and he pulled into traffic right behind me. He must have been to my door but didn't know this truck was me and just faded back once we began to head east on colfax.

I needed to pick up some argon gas but could hardly think, before I knew it I was at Gases parking lot.
I got a call from the Denver police as I was getting out if my truck, he said who he was, thanked me for answering and asked for my story after reminding me twice that I didnt have to talk to them and that we could do this a different way, I know what that meant and was glad to talk, even relieved to tell him what had happened in what seemed to be flash of time. I also knew he knew the detail's per the witnesses.

As I spoke I could here myself on a speaker, I asked if they were recording me and he said no and that he had me on car speaker so his partner could here me, she introduced herself and I continued in my audibly shaking voice, the adrenaline returned when I got to the part where the coward had spit in my face.

In a previous life I have had many contacts with police, me guilty every time... This was a much different procedure. The officer explained his and my options, theirs being a citation or them needing to take me into custody for assault , asked me my location and told me to stay put and that they needed to here from officers still at the scene, the ambulance crew for the victims condition, I thought,WHAT, the VICTIM!!!

The officer did finally call me back, by now Gases was closed, I didn't get the argon nor did I realize how much time had elapsed. He told me that in no way were they going to simply write me a citation for this altercation and let that hang in the air for what seemed forever
The female officer came on speaker and said that a resident had also had her phone filming from her backyard and was the ONLY witness to corroborate my side of this story.

The officer was a Sargent and had the prerogative to cite or take me or both of us (the victim) into custody. Because this victim and the witnesses were less than honest with their side of the story, punk never said a word about attempting to break my mirror or spitting in my face,
the Sargent made the decision to drop it right away but asked if he could give me "a lecture".
I welcomed it ! The Sargent explained that this punk could still come after me civilly for his injuries for something that I totally had the discretion to let go as just a few idiots on bikes.

I am 57, that punk was 26, I would have liked to think Id know better. I do know this could have turned out very bad. Pause when agitated, think twice, play the tape, whatever. I wont let this happen again.

We have a transportation czar here in Denver that has said openly that she plans to make driving an
Inconvenience which is putting both cyclists and drivers in danger with her bike lane choices, reductions in speed limits and traffic lanes in favor of "alternate" mode transportation. While pot is now legal, we are thinking of decriminalizing mushrooms and allowing "safe injection sites" for our road going public. What then are the chances of there being people like I had the altercation with, riding in the middle of the street giving everybody the bird, being routinely DUI or BUI? Still ther is no excuse for someone like me,supposedly sober and in a sane frame of mind to be making the stupid choice I made over some clown on his bike......

Crazy story, my favorite part is when you spit down that spandex wearing asshole’s throat. I kind of hate those guys, I wouldn’t give them a second thought if they were courteous and tried to make getting around them easier. But no, they ride side by side with ridiculous pool noodles sticking off their bikes on heavily traveled roads. There are plenty of country roads they can use for their ‘hobby.’ It dosent really work with the Vmax <stock pipes remind me of a purring kitten> but when I’m on my Honda with cobras on it, I get over to the left as far as possible but I make sure that thing is screaming at the top of its lungs when I fly by. Fun for me.

I think you used remarkable restraint. In my perfect world a handful of other passers by would have stopped and helped you kick the shit out of him and throw his bicycle off into the ravine after folding it into quarters with your truck. Fuck these rude assholes risking public safety with their stupid risky antics!

It takes a special mix of secret spices (self-righteousness, smugness, rudeness and blistering entitlement) to be that sort bicyclist. It really says something about a persons character when they derive pleasure from continually inconveniencing people they have probably never met. He literally risked his life to be a twat, I hope he always tastes your knuckles when he burps. he got what he bargained for, I hope it still hurts when he wakes up every day.

I work in Oxford, a city known for cyclists, if I got angry at each of the ones that are idiotic (majority) I'd have a mental breakdown, I used to do a lot of off road riding and I apply that mindset to the road in most situations, if a tree falls and blocks your pathway it's no good shouting at it, just go around it,
have fun out there :p

Too bad that so many commy california candy-asses (as well as some from other blue states) have moved to your beautiful state of Colorado with their political beliefs and access to a voting ballot. But..that's just like the left. The parasites will use up all of the resources all while passing legislation that bans others access to the same resources instead of simply practicing moderation. They boldly "fancy" themselves as being intellectually superior to their right leaning counterparts by offering extreme, counter-intuitive and very often bizarre beliefs that ignore empirical evidence and thousands of years of recorded history based on human nature. They will lay waste to wherever, whatever or whoever they control, tax, or legislate. Then when their presumptuous experiment inevitably fails, and they turn a once beautiful place into a third-world hell, they relocate to greener pastures and repeat the process. AND, I guarantee if you were to be able to ascertain the political affiliation of these self-important, pompous, douche-bag, cock-suckers you would find that they are a flock of left wing parasites.

Ok, I was going to move on from posting this experience, maybe it's best to share, for what it's worth.

About a month ago I was heading home, I drive all day and average 200 mile's daily. I cover the front range here in CO. and see alot on the road's here.

I was close to home and thinking how smooth the day had gone when I came up on a slowdown on a normally fast paced street, 8th ave, runs east and west, one lane in each direction and rush hour about 4:30 p.m.

The slowdown is a group of four on bike's peddling slowly in the middle of the east bound lane, the car immediately behind them was falling way back "tolerating" them while other car's began honking and crossing the double yellow into on coming traffic to get around these bicyclists.

Three of the bike's got over toward the shoulder while the guy in front stayed in the middle of the lane and began the double flip-off. He held up both arm's flipping off the people behind him, the one's making it around him and on coming traffic!

Now people are slowing down to say a few things as they pass him and oncoming traffic is having to yield to them. It took about a mile for me and my turn to tell this jerk to get the fuck out of the road
as I went around him. Now once clear I had about another half mile to go before my left turn onto my street and I'm about eight blocks from home....

When I got an opening for my turn I glanced in my left side mirror and there is this punk poising to take out my mirror with his foot! I veered out of the turn and pulled over to curb and was out of the car quick!

This clown knew what he was about to do but immediately had his phone in my face, filming, telling me to explain why I should be pissed at him for riding on the street. Never mind him being in the middle of the lane flipping off traffic!!

Now as I'm saying to him to mention into the camera what he was doing, other people are now slowing down and circling back around the block with their phones out the window filming this altercation.
As the shouting match continued I realized how this has gotten way out of hand and told this clown on film how I wished I could have smeared him into the pavement with my car, and meant it!

He was literally in my face with his phone, I wanted to smash him but I got in my car and turned to my right in the seat to buckle-up when this fuckin punk circled around, got a little momentum and hacked a loogie in my face....

I'm shaking as I type this.
I was out of the car and caught him as he tried to ride against traffic to get away.
At 6'2",237, in great shape and fueled by adrenaline, rage and disbelief I tackled him and the bike.
I pulled his head so far backward by his little foam helmet that his mouth was wide open in a scream while I spit right down his throat.

His trusty phone had slid out into the traffic lane, I heard a female voice screaming "stop it your going to kill him".I was instantly out of my rage and now thinking to just get the fuck out of here when this idiot is back in my face with his phone shouting"tell the police what you've done to me"
I again lost control and plowed him right in the mouth....it, the release, felt GOOD!!

Now Im back in my car, his friends on their bikes are there screaming whatever and all I could think is Assault Charge, witnesses, cell phone footage and nothing to corroborate or justify my story.

I live just a half mile away and was home in minutes but had to change and go to another job. I decided to head back that way, now in my truck and couldn't believe what I saw. This punk was whaling, even after the half hour or so it took me to get back there with all the other bikers and people in cars pulled over comforting him, what a crime scene!

I knew I was in trouble and decided to head back home, there was a police suburban out front of my house, I rolled right by and he pulled into traffic right behind me. He must have been to my door but didn't know this truck was me and just faded back once we began to head east on colfax.

I needed to pick up some argon gas but could hardly think, before I knew it I was at Gases parking lot.
I got a call from the Denver police as I was getting out if my truck, he said who he was, thanked me for answering and asked for my story after reminding me twice that I didnt have to talk to them and that we could do this a different way, I know what that meant and was glad to talk, even relieved to tell him what had happened in what seemed to be flash of time. I also knew he knew the detail's per the witnesses.

As I spoke I could here myself on a speaker, I asked if they were recording me and he said no and that he had me on car speaker so his partner could here me, she introduced herself and I continued in my audibly shaking voice, the adrenaline returned when I got to the part where the coward had spit in my face.

In a previous life I have had many contacts with police, me guilty every time... This was a much different procedure. The officer explained his and my options, theirs being a citation or them needing to take me into custody for assault , asked me my location and told me to stay put and that they needed to here from officers still at the scene, the ambulance crew for the victims condition, I thought,WHAT, the VICTIM!!!

The officer did finally call me back, by now Gases was closed, I didn't get the argon nor did I realize how much time had elapsed. He told me that in no way were they going to simply write me a citation for this altercation and let that hang in the air for what seemed forever
The female officer came on speaker and said that a resident had also had her phone filming from her backyard and was the ONLY witness to corroborate my side of this story.

The officer was a Sargent and had the prerogative to cite or take me or both of us (the victim) into custody. Because this victim and the witnesses were less than honest with their side of the story, punk never said a word about attempting to break my mirror or spitting in my face,
the Sargent made the decision to drop it right away but asked if he could give me "a lecture".
I welcomed it ! The Sargent explained that this punk could still come after me civilly for his injuries for something that I totally had the discretion to let go as just a few idiots on bikes.

I am 57, that punk was 26, I would have liked to think Id know better. I do know this could have turned out very bad. Pause when agitated, think twice, play the tape, whatever. I wont let this happen again.

We have a transportation czar here in Denver that has said openly that she plans to make driving an
Inconvenience which is putting both cyclists and drivers in danger with her bike lane choices, reductions in speed limits and traffic lanes in favor of "alternate" mode transportation. While pot is now legal, we are thinking of decriminalizing mushrooms and allowing "safe injection sites" for our road going public. What then are the chances of there being people like I had the altercation with, riding in the middle of the street giving everybody the bird, being routinely DUI or BUI? Still ther is no excuse for someone like me,supposedly sober and in a sane frame of mind to be making the stupid choice I made over some clown on his bike......

There is an important point you guys are missing here (unless I missed it in someone elses post). Bicyclists pay NO road tax. If not for the tax that is paid through fuel taxes these dudes would be riding double track, huffing dust from the trail. I can't run red diesel in my truck and drive on a public road. It would be illegal because I did not pay the "road tax" or "use tax". These bicyclists are nothing more than guests on a public highway/roadway, I wish they would act like it. I have nothing against bicycling. In fact it is a very enjoyable activity and can be extremely athletic. I will be the first to admit that I don't possess the physical agility or have the stamina to endure one of these marathon rides but that doesn't make it right for them to take their hobby and infringe on everyone elses (paid-for) right to access the road. When I see a guy or gal pedaling along the highway, I do my best to share the road with them. I will generally slow down and move over in my lane and give them some room. But these groups of riders, wether an organized event or not, are an audacious bunch of arrogent cock suckers riding on the asphalt that someone else paid for.

Gentsvmax;That was an incredibly intense story. Glad you came out ok on it. I couldn't take my eyes off it, I know the area your talking about and can only imagine the traffic mess. Mostly compared to where I live the drivers in Colorado are pretty good, bicycles are another matter. Sorry you had to go through that and I agree it was a lot of restraint to not do more...man what a messed up totally avoidable (bicycle rider) situation.

Latest posts

Back