What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Test fitted one of these.

Decided I now need underslung rear caliper, new brake line and new shocks to take advantage of it.

Will fit it permanently when I have the other parts.

Attachments

• BA10002.jpg
    BA10002.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 8
Test fitted one of these.

Decided I now need underslung rear caliper, new brake line and new shocks to take advantage of it.

Will fit it permanently when I have the other parts.

If there is anything I have come away with after working on the Max, it is that all parts should be test fitted before final fitting... IE: wheels and such...

Nice BLING Gleno...

Going to run a 200 on her?:ummm:

:banana:

Well I just purchased a 2007 Max with 1 mile on it (in May) ! Very happy ! Riding to work today I watched the odometer trip to 2000 miles. I have ridin everyday for 2 weeks. No rain but its windy here, 10-20 mile winds (pisses me off). Not many calm days but I fight it. As I look out the window I can tell she yearns for me to sit on her. A couple more hours and I will be happy to wash and wax her down. Dreaming of the week-end for the LONG ride to Iron Mountain,Mi.:th_image003:

Well I just purchased a 2007 Max with 1 mile on it (in May) ! Very happy ! Riding to work today I watched the odometer trip to 2000 miles. I have ridin everyday for 2 weeks. No rain but its windy here, 10-20 mile winds (pisses me off). Not many calm days but I fight it. As I look out the window I can tell she yearns for me to sit on her. A couple more hours and I will be happy to wash and wax her down. Dreaming of the week-end for the LONG ride to Iron Mountain,Mi.:th_image003:

Congrats! Due to a shity Vmax parts vendor (UFO) I only have about 1650 on my 2006...:bang head:

Yesterday Max got his bath. We got rained on a few days last week so he was looking pretty bad. Didn't have time to wax him this time but he still looks good. Checked tire pressure too. Dunno why my brand-new Dunlops aren't holding air. Maybe it's the stems that are leaking. Oh well. 2 lbs over the course of a month won't bother me all that much.

Pulled my forks back off and redid them by adding 1/2" to the preload, turning the cartridge emulators up to 3.5 turns and went from 15wt to 20 wt oil. Also removed 1/2" from 3/4" topout/rebound spring spacers I had earleir installed.

Also raised the oil level up another inch.

Rider sag matches the new shocks in back now at 3/4" and rebound in front is much stiffer due to the heavier oil. Rides sweet now and the bike sits level again; Since I had gone back to stock length shocks in the rear the front was too low and it was turning in very nicely but was a little squirrely at speed for my taste. I would rather have high speed stability than quick turn in.
later

Rusty

Well, as has been my daily ritual since I bought it last friday, all I was able to do was stare at my one and only picture of her:ummm: . Here in Monterey the weather is perfect for riding everyday. Even today (a poor weather day) it would be nice. I can't wait to get home next month and ride her back out here. Long ride though.

Today and tomorrow I have to work 16hrs. and the weather is beautiful for riding. Could only ride 5 miles to work today. Tomorrow will be the same. BUT I am anxious for friday when I get to ride to Iron Mtn. MI. (4 hour ride) Will let everyone know the results Monday. Until then keep ur tanks full ! :coolgleamA:

Well I got my wheel back from Carrozzeria and it still doesn't fit...:bang head:

What the hell is wrong with me? My luck just plain sucks!

:bang head:

Chris, sorry to hear about this. Return both wheels and get a Kosman. He, like Yamaha does the wheels right the first time every time.

Mark

Chris, sorry to hear about this. Return both wheels and get a Kosman. He, like Yamaha does the wheels right the first time every time.

Mark

Local guy (RIP) had Carro's did'nt mention anything about fitment problems

I'm just totally lost here... I can't understand how they fit one bike with no issues but not mine... Now they want to send me a custom speedo drive and different rotor carrier to install and what not... I don't know what to do...:bang head: :ummm:

Damn 4gasem that sux:bang head: .
I finally got my rear tire replaced (old tire dunlop, new tire Bridgestone), installed Yamaha's engine guards, had a new key cut (I have a spare now, whew!). New front tire should be in first of next week...... I also just purchased a Joe Rocket Manta ray tank bag, tourmaster rainsuit (jacket and pants), and a Joe Rocket 2.0 sonic leather jacket. Just need to find some decent boot to replace my old Redwings.

Damn 4gasem that sux:bang head: .
I finally got my rear tire replaced (old tire dunlop, new tire Bridgestone), installed Yamaha's engine guards, had a new key cut (I have a spare now, whew!). New front tire should be in first of next week...... I also just purchased a Joe Rocket Manta ray tank bag, tourmaster rainsuit (jacket and pants), and a Joe Rocket 2.0 sonic leather jacket. Just need to find some decent boot to replace my old Redwings.

Got pix?? :)

That jacket's sharp man. What type of boots are you looking at getting?

OK! I just called Carrozzeria and I must say they want to make this right 100%

He is sending me some parts and also a complete new front wheel to dry fit and if it works swap the tire over to it and go!:thumbs up:

We'll see...:whistlin:

OK! I just called Carrozzeria and I must say they want to make this right 100%

He is sending me some parts and also a complete new front wheel to dry fit and if it works swap the tire over to it and go!:thumbs up:

We'll see...:whistlin:

Not to pour salt in the wound, but how many hours to you think you have in messing with this dang thing??

Not to pour salt in the wound, but how many hours to you think you have in messing with this dang thing??

Gosh... A lot!!!! :bang head:

Just the wheel issues or the whole thing?:ummm:

Just the wheels I must have 15 hours into it... A lot of $$$$ though... A lot! I spent 1100 dollars on a wheel from UFO (Jon Cornel) and sold it (brand new) for 690.00 after Paypal fee's...:bang head: This doesn't include the shipping of the bad UFO wheel back to him... Carrozzeria has paid for EVERYTHING! Shipping back and forth. They are a good company and I do recommend them! I however DO NOT recommend modifying a Vmax unless you have A LOT of patients and another bike to ride.

I started this in December of '06 right after Christmas... I am still F'ing with it...:bang head:

Gosh... A lot!!!! :bang head:

Just the wheel issues or the whole thing?:ummm:

Just the wheels I must have 15 hours into it... A lot of $$$$ though... A lot! I spent 1100 dollars on a wheel from UFO (Jon Cornel) and sold it (brand new) for 690.00 after Paypal fee's...:bang head: This doesn't include the shipping of the bad UFO wheel back to him... Carrozzeria has paid for EVERYTHING! Shipping back and forth. They are a good company and I do recommend them! I however DO NOT recommend modifying a Vmax unless you have A LOT of patients and another bike to ride.

I started this in December of '06 right after Christmas... I am still F'ing with it...:bang head:

Cripes man. And if I remember right, you don't have a lot of miles on this one at all, huh. You obviously have the patience of Job, brother. I hope it all pays off for you.

..... and SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back