!New Crib!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JrBiem

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share the good news! The wife and I were pre-approved back in Dec to purchase a house. We decided that we were sick of paying our land lord's mortgage when we could be paying our own. After a couple offers and being outbid on both we found one we liked even better than the first 2...so we haggled back and forth for about a week, and managed to snag all of the appliances, gap insurance, and a 1 year home warranty paid for by the seller as well as seller concessions for closing costs! (none of those things were included in the listing and we still even got it under asking price!) Talk about a buyer's market! And the icing on the cake is a 3.875% fixed rate for 30 years! Will be closing and moving next month just in time to take a vacation to Vegas.

I attached a picture of the garage from the side since on this site that is the most important part :biglaugh: That bad boy is 2 stalls wide and 44 feet deep...I sense a bike lift in my future...

Attachments

• sidegarage.jpg
    sidegarage.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 57
nice score and the haggling paid off too. Glad you found a great deal. And what a nice big garage to work in. Welcome to the new man cave lol

Great news! You'll be surprised how fast that garage fills up! Mine is 24x40 and so full of stuff that I have to park my truck outside.....now that's just wrong!!

Glad to hear it congrats

Oh one thing watch the home war. I bought my house a year ago had an issue with plumbing warr. Ended up costing me 100$ for "their plumber" to come and tell me that my problem not covered fix cost me 80 cash from a local plumber!
Just read fine print

Nice VMAX palace. How you gonna heat it.

Congrats on the good news. Nice garage too,
Stuff it full as fast as you can do your wife doesn't claim it with her car right away!

No dont do that. Tell her she can park it in the garage and roll all the windows down and vent the exhaust and use her gas to heat it. Honey my car is gitting realy bad gas mileage. LOL.................Mike

Thanks for all the kind words!

Great news! You'll be surprised how fast that garage fills up! Mine is 24x40 and so full of stuff that I have to park my truck outside.....now that's just wrong!!

Yea, I hear that...it's amazing how fast sh*t accumulates!!! But moving is always a great time to purge some crap so I'm looking forward to that. Our nicest vehicle is the Max so as long as it and the wife's car (so I don't have to listen to her whine about scraping snow) fit in the garage it'll be just fine! :rofl_200:

Glad to hear it congrats

Oh one thing watch the home war. I bought my house a year ago had an issue with plumbing warr. Ended up costing me 100$ for "their plumber" to come and tell me that my problem not covered fix cost me 80 cash from a local plumber!
Just read fine print

Thanks for that tip...will make sure to look it all over very closely if anything should go wrong. Don't anticipate too much, we are having a home inspection as well to double check things.

Nice VMAX palace. How you gonna heat it.

I'm thinking a wood burning stove

Congrats on the good news. Nice garage too,
Stuff it full as fast as you can do your wife doesn't claim it with her car right away!

She knows it's mine....it has already been claimed as said "man cave" and she is perfectly content with that.

No dont do that. Tell her she can park it in the garage and roll all the windows down and vent the exhaust and use her gas to heat it. Honey my car is gitting realy bad gas mileage. LOL.................Mike

LOL - 'cept that'd still cost me money! Would be a better option if it was just a room mate who I didn't share money with...

Dude you got alot to learn. If you keep thinking like that you will never mod the hell out of your bike. You have to be crafty with the money.:biglaugh:

You need to go shovel the snow and take out the trash and unload the dishwasher so you can order something for about $30 for your vmax. She wont even care. Do a couple more $30 mods like gauge lights and than do a big help to her in that new house and than order a $1000.00 mod. This will get you going. From here you are on your own. Good luck.

I know it's a long read, sorry! Just so irritated at the moment I needed to vent somewhere.

:bang head: Today was a major kick in the junk! Had the home inspection this morning and it looks like the seller is going to need to agree to put around 15 grand in repairs into this thing or we are going to have to walk away from it. It seems things that should have been, were not disclosed on the condition report and the inspector was of the opinion that there was no conceivable way that the seller didn't know about them.

The east wall of the basement is at around 4" of deflection which is likely to require excavation to move it back where it belongs and reinforce it. Someone tried to reinforce it previously with angle iron but it is not done to code and therefore is not doing what it is supposed to do (not disclosed in condition report that there was even a problem let alone an attempted fix). Inspector estimated 6-10 grand to address this issue.

There is an old masonry chimney in the basement which at one point exhausted the furnace and the water heater. At some time they replaced the furnace and vented it outside bypassing the chimney all together. Now the water heater is the only thing venting to the chimney and because of the decreased ventilation condensation occurs before the exhaust reaches the top of the chimney and it is causing water build up in the attic above the kitchen.

Furthermore the water heater is a death trap...it is as old as I am (manufactured in 1987) and the inspector said typical design life for a water heater is 8-12 years. The gas line is missing a drip leg which he said allows debris to enter the "gas exchange" (or something, don't remember) either way he said the results of that could be catastrophic. (again, none of this disclosed in the condition report.) Inspector estimated 800 bucks for new water heater with blower to bypass chimney + installation cost. Said this would be a cheaper option than a chimney liner to fix that issue.

The estimated age of the garage roof is 25+ years, and now since the snow has melted it was noted that shingles are broken/missing and the roof needs immediate replacement (not disclosed either).

There is a negative grade around three sides of the house. The driveway, and cement slab below the deck may require mud-jacking to address that issue.

Everything else was pretty minor. There are some electrical things that need to be addressed but nothing terribly complicated and my father-in-law is an electrical engineer so those things don't worry me.

Now that the inspection report is in the seller's hands he will have to disclose all those issues on further condition reports if this deal falls through which means that he will have to repair them no matter what. So, hopefully he is willing to just deal with it all up front right now and get this deal done.

Fingers crossed, wish us luck.... :bang head: :bang head: :bang head:

Sounds like some major issues going on there!..............Better to find out now than have to deal with things later, sounds like the inspector knows his buisiness!.............I would want him on my team too!............Good luck.........................Tom.

Sounds like some major issues going on there!..............Better to find out now than have to deal with things later, sounds like the inspector knows his buisiness!.............I would want him on my team too!............Good luck.........................Tom.

Indeed, he does. He even does expert testimony in court. He recommended a foundation repair guy that does free inspections and estimates and the seller said we could bring out whoever we like to do that. We have an appointment tomorrow so we'll see how it goes.

hey man sorry to hear that. as a newer home owner and first time myself it sucks to find out these things after the fact. i had water basement issues (finished basement) and did about 25k of work to fix it. I did all the work myself but still a major undertaking

foundation issues suck man, the water heater stuff isn't a huge deal, but i'd be worried with what the current owner isn't disclosing that there may be 'more' stuff that the inspector doesn't see or can't see at this time. kinda like a holmes on holmes episode.

glass half full my man, there are plenty of other houses, and be glad u saw it now!

best of luck.

hey man sorry to hear that. as a newer home owner and first time myself it sucks to find out these things after the fact. i had water basement issues (finished basement) and did about 25k of work to fix it. I did all the work myself but still a major undertaking

foundation issues suck man, the water heater stuff isn't a huge deal, but i'd be worried with what the current owner isn't disclosing that there may be 'more' stuff that the inspector doesn't see or can't see at this time. kinda like a holmes on holmes episode.

glass half full my man, there are plenty of other houses, and be glad u saw it now!

best of luck.

Yea definitely...I am 100% sold on home inspections, I learned A LOT. The guy is full of information and he knows his stuff. He wrote the home inspector exam for the state of WI and is a structural engineer. I'll be using him in the future if this deal falls through.

Typically I am a glass half full kinda guy, but what really pisses me off is this guy didn't disclose things he knew were wrong with the house, and by law you have to disclose everything. So we may be out over 700 bucks for appraisal/inspection, but if those things had been disclosed we likely would have just moved onto another house in the first place ya know?

Latest posts

Back