DIY Dyno build

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
Think I have committed myself to building a dyno lol.
We'll have some testing to do with our supercharger setup and I think it would come in handy for sure.
There's quite a bit of info about doing it all so I'll get started soon by buying some steel etc.

I'll document the project as I go.

I can ship/sell you mine lol? It's in the sale section already. Would save you a lot of effort.

Sean

I just have only used it for the rollers only. I would prefer the dynojet setup which has a larger roller and different software. Still, it's a hell of a lot more money! Not sure what the shipping cost would be?

It's a Dayton Dyno unit and I have the parts needed to do the sniffer tests too (LM-2 wideband with superflow probe).

Sean

Attachments

• IMG_20121208_152643_438.jpg
    IMG_20121208_152643_438.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 52
And so it begins, bought a bunch of steel for the main part and mocked it up roughly in my crude model assembly.

Attachments

• Assem4.jpg
    Assem4.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 33
I just have only used it for the rollers only. I would prefer the dynojet setup which has a larger roller and different software. Still, it's a hell of a lot more money! Not sure what the shipping cost would be?

It's a Dayton Dyno unit and I have the parts needed to do the sniffer tests too (LM-2 wideband with superflow probe).

Sean
Are those Potiac Fiero wheels?:punk:

some of it tacked together

Attachments

• 001 (Large).jpg
    001 (Large).jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 41
Are those bearings going to support the weight of the drum adequately? You will want as large a drum as you can realistically get. I think mine is a 14" drum and weighs over 1200lbs. The higher hp units have even heavier drums and larger diameter to prevent tire slippage.

Sean

the slippage may be even more prone to happen on heavier and more inertiaed rollers. Logically it all depends on the tire contact patch (bigger diameter more contact), friction / pressure exerted on the roller (weight or straps). Sent you an email Steve...

Are those bearings going to support the weight of the drum adequately? You will want as large a drum as you can realistically get. I think mine is a 14" drum and weighs over 1200lbs. The higher hp units have even heavier drums and larger diameter to prevent tire slippage.

Sean

Well I hope so LOL, they are rated at 30,000n

Latest posts

Back