V-Max vs. GSX-R 1000 Trash Talk

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Somewhat on topic.......a guy I ride with that has a bunch of VERY fast bikes (Carpenter Gen2 Busa, turbo Busa, turbo GSXR 1000) , spent several thousand dollars on his new, piped and tuned GSXR 1000 after I beat him on my Gen 2. I'm not supposed to know about it, but he confessed to my friend that "I can't be getting beat by a cruiser" :)

Of course now that I know......I won't race him again. Won't give him the satisfaction of beating me. That'll teach him how expensive his huge ego can be. :eusa_dance:

Somewhat on topic.......a guy I ride with that has a bunch of VERY fast bikes (Carpenter Gen2 Busa, turbo Busa, turbo GSXR 1000) , spent several thousand dollars on his new, piped and tuned GSXR 1000 after I beat him on my Gen 2. I'm not supposed to know about it, but he confessed to my friend that "I can't be getting beat by a cruiser" :)

Of course now that I know......I won't race him again. Won't give him the satisfaction of beating me. That'll teach him how expensive his huge ego can be. :eusa_dance:

That's Funny. :clapping:

That sounds just like the Gen 2 guy I raced at Martin Dragway last year. I had a shitty run, wheelied in the first three gears and only ran a 10.20 LOL. Normally I run in the 9.80-9.90 area in stock trim.

He was all puffy chested acting prior LOL. Had nash flash, exhaust, big air and more...

To be honest I was geeked to race him. I think maybe Vmax Mike has that on video. But I beat him by about 8 bike lengths. That was one of my worse passes that day.

I wanted to go back and setup another race, but they high tailed it right out the parking lot before I made it off the return road. They must have left right out the back door LOL.

There was another gen 1 there that had a 1577 motor and sounded bad ass, but the guy couldn't ride it. Might have been his first time riding it. Not sure. It ran a 10.70 something. I was really disappointed when I saw that. For a $15,000 motor to only run 10.70's.....

But that guy took off as well when others wanted to race him.

I was really bummed, to be honest, they were pretty snobbish. They didnt want to join the rest of the Vmax gang and three of them stayed away from the 15ish of us there ( mostly Vmax's out of the 15 of us ).

It was a great day though... Beekeeper, Scuff, Leecifer and a few others made some great runs on their gen 1's.

Drag racing is always a fun time! Vmax's just make it more fun!

Todd

My sons good friend Zack and i had a'lot of fun that day Todd. And i cant wait to do it this year. Even if i did get my ass handed to me by Beekeeper and a gixter 1000. I need more seat time at the track i cant believe i let bee take me on that run. Hell i would rather give that win to anybody than the beekeeper well or scuff or lee. okay anyone but them. LOL. Lee is making some good passes on that canadian bike EH.

My sons good friend Zack and i had a'lot of fun that day Todd. And i cant wait to do it this year. Even if i did get my ass handed to me by Beekeeper and a gixter 1000. I need more seat time at the track i cant believe i let bee take me on that run. Hell i would rather give that win to anybody than the beekeeper well or scuff or lee. okay anyone but them. LOL. Lee is making some good passes on that canadian bike EH.

Yeah it was a fun day that day.

I know you got video of some of the other runs others had, did you get a video of the Gen 2 I squashed? Or the bad ass sounding Gen 1 ? I wish we could have gotten a video of that Gen 1 that almost bit the guard rail, that guy was out of control lol.

Todd

I think Zack might have that video. I will ask him again to send me what he has. I talked to Beekeeper about the bike that was out of control and he told me a guy that he know's let that guy take it down the track. We will all meet at M.I.S again on may 9th (well not Mr Lee he is moving) I think we should plan a get togather and go over some M.I.S rules so we can get some high speed runs on video and i think we should ride to paw paw mi and have lunch at the bar that the guy that makes M.I.S happen own's. I talked with him and he said the bar might get sold next year and if we want to keep doing this M.I.S deal we need to stay in touch with him.

Sounds like a good time again.

I ll change my gearing and maybe I can reach above 200 mph on the track. I know I can hit 185+ quite easily, as long as there aren't any slow pokes in front of us.

10458896_797000267000347_3223632459474109900_n.jpg

If you hang back with me you will have room. Getting to speed is not the hard part the hard part is knowing when to back out of the throttle. The wall and turn will come up fast at 150 mph I told beekeeper to hang back and he just could not help himself he hit the track and he was gone. And he was stuck riding with slow bike's in his way. :ummm:

Sounds like a good time again.

I ll change my gearing and maybe I can reach above 200 mph on the track. I know I can hit 185+ quite easily, as long as there aren't any slow pokes in front of us.

10458896_797000267000347_3223632459474109900_n.jpg

You need a calibrated Healtech on there to know how fast you are really going. Factory speedo's can easily read up to 10% high. 185 indcated = 166 MPH. Just sayin.

Todd I thought the guy that you bought the bike from already had a speedo healer on it

when me and Lee were riding long distance last year I found out that the B king needs one also

Yes it does and its set to middle of the road so to speak. It's 1.7 mph off in that picture so around 175 mph true speed in that picture. Which is just shifting into 6th gear roughly.

Questing the honest speed and pointing out that the speedo on a bike is off is hijacking :confused2: Still sticking to topic How accurate is the gen 1 and 2 speedo? :ummm:

Questing the honest speed and pointing out that the speedo on a bike is off is hijacking :confused2: Still sticking to topic How accurate is the gen 1 and 2 speedo? :ummm:
Gen1, I think it's been reported as by being off by 10%...possibly more on bikes with non-stock wheels/ tires? Probably can only be sure if you have a ticket at top speed.
I can only confirm that Redbone can go 102 mph and have a ticket to prove it! :biglaugh:

Both Shala's and my 09's were off by 7.9% when checked using a GPS unit.

Back