V-Max vs. GSX-R 1000 Trash Talk

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Star-VMAX-B-King-09.jpg

Here lets get VmaxMike started....

Questing the honest speed and pointing out that the speedo on a bike is off is hijacking :confused2: Still sticking to topic How accurate is the gen 1 and 2 speedo? :ummm:

Your statement does not match my title at all. I started talking about 1/4 mile drag racing my buddy's GSX-R 1000 with my Gen 1. I learned that he will kick my butt. And you guys are still talking about Gen 1 and Gen 2 speedos. Has nothing to do with the topic. :confused2:

Start a new thread about speedometers.

okay how far off is the speedo on on the 1000. nobody really wanted to talk about speedo in the first place. someone threw it out there and we made a few commentssometimes that happensbut it don't mean someone is hijacking. best of luck to you with your race you will need it.

I had a '98 and ran several 600s down the local 1/8th mile track. I'd beat them all out of the hole, but they'd walk past me a little bit before the end of the 1/8th.

The Gixxer is 145-160rwhp and 450-480lb, depending on year. The Vmax is 115-120rwhp (assuming some mods) and 650lb. The GSX-R1000, if properly ridden, will destroy a 1st gen Vmax in the 1/4. These are bikes whose 1/4 mile speeds are about what the Vmax's top speed is--close to 150mph.

If you had a Gen2 and were (are) a great dragstrip rider, it's possible that you could beat an good rider on a GSX-R1000.

In an 1/8 mile I go with the Gen 2. Gen 1 isn't even in the fight. Now a 1500 Gen 1 would be different.
rick

Got it. But our track here in Hungary is 1/4 mile. That's my only option. He'll beat me, and that's O.K., but mine is a better conversation piece. I'll be careful who I pick races with. But with my exhaust, I can roll around town with [only] the looks and sound that I will destroy anyone. :biglaugh:

LOL since your at the track, you can make him look bad, just leave on the first yellow light..... you'll red light.. but you'll be far ahead of him hahaa!!!:rofl_200:

I had a 04 gsxr 1000,stock other than pipe.1/4 mi. with stock wheelbase it would run 9.8-9.9's,fighting wheelies.with a 6" over swingarm and lowered it ran 9.4-9.5's.I think a 10.5-10.6 pass on a gen 1 vmax is typical.

I had a 04 gsxr 1000,stock other than pipe.1/4 mi. with stock wheelbase it would run 9.8-9.9's,fighting wheelies.with a 6" over swingarm and lowered it ran 9.4-9.5's.I think a 10.5-10.6 pass on a gen 1 vmax is typical.

10.5-10.6 on a Gen 1 is not typical more like 11.20 & up depending on who is riding it. I did have mine running hi 10's & there are a few other people that have got them in the 10s but not to many.

like i said you are going up against a bike that should out run you and the only chance you have is to go to the track and get some seat time a week before you race him. Start with a 1000 rpm on your first three launch's this will give you time to get your drag racing skill's in line. Than start launching at 3000 rpm and do everything the same way when you launch every time . As soon as you enter the track and hit the burnout area you should do everything the same way every time. If you have a shinko tire on the rear its a big plus and you only need to spin it a few times to clean it up. Rear tire air pressure is a big key for traction. Start with 26 psi but don't go below 18 psi. I ran my vmax at 26 psi most of the time. I rode my bike 40 mile's to the track on 26 psi and never had a tire let me down. When your out riding on the street every time you stop and its safe rip on it out of the hole and get the feel of what the front tire is going to do so you know when you get to the track. If you do this and get use to doing it and your under 270 lbs in gear you will be in the 11s if your bike runs good. How low you can get in the 11s is going to depend on alot of things your weight in gear will be the biggest factor. More than likely you will be about 5 tenth to 1 second apart with him being faster if he is on his game. So he has no room for fuck up's if you run good clean runs. hope this help's and good luck to you.

04 GSXR with just a pipe running 9.80's is pretty rare also. Most I ve raced with just a pipe and a good to decent rider are running 10.40-50's.

Vmax's same thing a very good rider with will usually run in the 11.80-12.20 range on a stock bike and modified ones will usually run 11.20-11.60 range.

Again being a good rider has the key to everything, a good rider on a slow bike will be faster than a fast rider on a fast bike. And I am not saying a Ninja 250 vs a Busa. But a good rider on a 600 will give someone a run on a faster bike up to the 880 mark unless the rider is really good on the faster bike.

Latest posts

Back