Help with homemade synchronizer

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I used was just a 35 dollar IR temp gun from harbor freight. The stock exhaust is double walled....and I dont know how well that will do, but I know that it works great with aftermarket exhaust.

Remember, lean burns hot, and rich burns cooler. I got all of mine withing 50 degrees of each other, and measure about the same distance on the headers. I took temps about an inch coming out of the head.
And you also have the Proper method, like Eric does it !!!
I'd say his is "slightly" more accurate than my burn your hand method.

:rofl_200: :eusa_dance: :biglaugh: :punk:

And you also have the Proper method, like Eric does it !!!
I'd say his is "slightly" more accurate than my burn your hand method.

:rofl_200: :eusa_dance: :biglaugh: :punk:

LOL....that is one thing that I REALLY like about this forum, no matter what the problem is....someone on here has the fix...and that information is SHARED.

Can someone post a link on the shotgun? #1 cylinder is not getting as hot as the other 3. I know its firing thru the plug because i pulled it and checked.

^ Yes too much air will definitely affect the power.
Make sure the rubber joints on the air box are fully seated on the crabs as well.
Air leaks there will affect how well it runs as well.
Our bikes will barely run without the air box on without the air restrictors used with the Stage 7 and Morley's Jet kits.
When DMAN999 types too fast his carbs turn to crabs:rofl_200:

I don't know...I'm getting frustated. Guess I'm just gonna have to suck it and and send my carbs out to be worked on. Really can't afford it but it's about to warm up and my bike will be my main form of transportation so I really don't have a choice.

I don't really know. Couldn't ride it bc we have a monsoon going on. It cranks and idles perfect and it revs fine. When i rap it real hard it sometimes backfires from the left side pipe. All of the cylinders feel the same temp by my totally accurate hand test (lol). I let fatbiker ride it the other day after we synced my carbs and he said it feels like it's missing 50 hp, even tho he said the carbs seem to be functioning like they are supposed to. Its firing thru the plugs bc i pulled them all and checked. The left side exhaust sounds noticeably different than the right side. The right side is a smooth purr and the left side has a pat, pat, pat sound.

I don't really know. Couldn't ride it bc we have a monsoon going on. It cranks and idles perfect and it revs fine. When i rap it real hard it sometimes backfires from the left side pipe. All of the cylinders feel the same temp by my totally accurate hand test (lol). I let fatbiker ride it the other day after we synced my carbs and he said it feels like it's missing 50 hp, even tho he said the carbs seem to be functioning like they are supposed to. Its firing thru the plugs bc i pulled them all and checked. The left side exhaust sounds noticeably different than the right side. The right side is a smooth purr and the left side has a pat, pat, pat sound.

My '85 would throw spark but wouldnt fire in the cylinder. I replaced the boots with NGK's and it worked fine.

Back