Comparison Vrod, Rune, Vulcan, Vmax and Rocket

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Just thought this was an interesting read.

I didnt see the size of the Vulcan motor. But I am assuming it was the 2000 cc version.

Which I was surprised to read in another spot had 145 ft lbs of torgue. And around 115 hp or so.

Really an oversquare motor, so its not a power house reving monster even with all that torque.

But I see they are pretty darn cheap compared to the competition bikes. VTX's are pretty cheap too.

Just was surprised at the monster torque it makes. Compared to the mighty Gen 2 Vmax, the Vulcan makes 25 more ft lbs of torque.

Thats pretty incredible. Its not fast or anything.

I always hear they say the Gen 2 Vmax made the most power, as a huge marketing campaign and find all kinds of bikes that make more power than the gen 2 Vmax. Albeit none of them are as cool or fast as the Gen 2. But I guess I really never looked at other bikes that much and this Vulcan power figure caught my eye.

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/su...i-vulcan-2000-triumph-rocket-iii-yamaha-v-max

Power ins't shit without the RPM range. Torque moves you but HP moves you quickly! Harleys have almost always made more torque then the Vmax's but without the rev range they aren't terribly fast.

Ready an article that a 2053cc Vulcan with a 30 shot of nitrous made 129 hp and 190 ft lbs of torque. Ran 11.40's @ 117 mph. Pretty fast for something that weighs 850 lbs. Thats about 250 lbs heaver than a Gen 1 Vmax.

But yes, race bike it isn't.

I would have liked to see the Suzuki Boulevard M109 in that comparison. It doesn't have the most tq., hp, or is the fastest in the 1/4, but it still has a special place in my heart. I do wish they would fix the 2nd. gear issues tho.

For the longest time I wanted a V-Rod until realized all the ones I was digging were super custom. Can't get enough of the stock VMAX though.

The Rune was a bike i really wanted until i saw the price, its pretty much a super duper in your face styled Goldwing. Its big and heavy and was too uncomfortable to ride any long distance from what i remember.
I collect Goldwings, the older ones make good power but still they just dont have that high rpm factor, though i can say i have often forgotten to shift the 6 cylinder gl1500 out of 2nd gear cause the engine does have a flat torque feel like an electric motor.
Its the sweet spot of torque, hp and rpm of the infamous Vmax engine. I have a vtwin 1304cc engine in my Star 1300, its about 100 horses, i wish Yamaha could make a V4 version.

Latest posts

Back