VMax fuel economy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run the Venture diff too. Using a Shinko 110 at the front, so I guess my speedo should be as accurate as it's ever gonna be? I didn't really notice much of a mpg improvement with the diff, but it's definitely more relaxed for the equivalent speed on the highway.

my readings:
3500 = 55mph
4000 = 65mph
4500 = 75mph
5000 = 85mph
5500 = 95mph
6000 = 105mph
and so on..

I can't get it above 135mph though, that's with the windshield and hard saddle bags.

Got any pics of ur bike with the windshield and hard bags? Do you think the windshield helps fuel economy? It must present a smaller profile than my 200 pound bulk acting like a sail!

Blaine

Got any pics of ur bike with the windshield and hard bags? Do you think the windshield helps fuel economy? It must present a smaller profile than my 200 pound bulk acting like a sail!

Blaine

here's a couple of pics from 2 months ago. Right now the shield is off and I have Supertrapps on, but they'll be off soon - too much noise for me.

I'm not sure about whether the shield helps or worsens mpg, I guess both sides could be successfully argued. It sure helps with being able to sustain 100mph+ speed indefinitely though! :clapping:

Attachments

• P1050027.JPG
    P1050027.JPG
    217.6 KB · Views: 25
  • P1050031.JPG
    P1050031.JPG
    195.2 KB · Views: 24
Thanks for the pics, naughty. You have great looking ride and those hard bags are sweet! I like the part about the sustained 100 mph...probably not going to get peak fuel economy at that speed but WGAF!

Blaine

Latest posts

Back