Dry shot nitrous with vboost?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomomara0

Reaction score
Hi all,
It's my first time on the site and I'm loving it! I have had a quick look through previous topic and couldn't find any info relating to my question. I have a 1990 model vmax with vboost, I have fitted a sassy vboost controller which allows you to set your vboost to be fully open at 1800rpm. I was thinking you could possible run a small shot of nitrous in the lower rpm range for increased acceleration as the bike would be running quite rich at low rpm wither the vboost activated. I was thinking it could be an easy install over a wet system. I'm no mechanic, so I could be way off the mark. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers, Tom

It is my understanding that the bike will actually run leaner in the with the vboost open in the lower rpm range due to lower velocity in each carb reducing the venturi effect. Adding juice to an already lean running condition could be disastrous. I'm sure somebody else who is more experienced with nitrous will come along shortly with some good input.

Some fodder for your imagination.

attachment.php

Attachments

• iphone pictures 6-26-2014 231.jpg
    iphone pictures 6-26-2014 231.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 147
Hi all,
It's my first time on the site and I'm loving it! I have had a quick look through previous topic and couldn't find any info relating to my question. I have a 1990 model vmax with vboost, I have fitted a sassy vboost controller which allows you to set your vboost to be fully open at 1800rpm. I was thinking you could possible run a small shot of nitrous in the lower rpm range for increased acceleration as the bike would be running quite rich at low rpm wither the vboost activated. I was thinking it could be an easy install over a wet system. I'm no mechanic, so I could be way off the mark. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Cheers, Tom

Welcome to the site Tom.
Sounds like a good idea as the engine is slow in the low end (mainly because of its weight). I have a manual control for vboost. Maybe a nos boost or timing advance would help you pick up that low end. Dynatek makes a great ignition for setting curves as it can retard for nitros but is used mainly to boost midrange to top end.

Having used nitrous on just about everything I have ever driven, I can't see how a dry shot on a carbed setup will supply the additional fuel. If you can install a dry shot, you can install a wet shot. There is no reason to have nitrous dependent on fuel injectors/carbs when you can supply the additional required fuel separately.

Do yourself a favor, run a wet kit from now on...on everything. This way you can tune your AFRs (must use wideband) , and not be limited by how much fuel your injectors can supply...only what the block can handle.

You are way off mark. Dry shots will kill your bike quickly by burning your Pistons, there's no EFI to measure your O2 and adjust fueling, and as stated above even EFI setups are limited in fuel delivery capability. Also never ever shoot nos at low revs as you can bend or break a conrod. So there's no useful stuff from any idea you got about this. With stock jetting I would even assume that the bogging or lack of accelerating you feel is due the earlier opening of the vboost. If you chug a keg down your throat you will choke. Something like that

Latest posts

Back