Stage 7 opinions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blackbird66

Reaction score
Looking at buying Max#3. One I'm considering has stage 7. Not something I'd choose to do myself.
My other bikes were stock with Supertrapp slip ons. I've ridden with V Boost unplugged in open position, and didn't notice much difference.
With this stage 7, that can't be undone, will there be any drivability issues at low RPM? Or will the power curve be similar to stock with the VBoost open full time?

Don't really care so much about adding power, I just love the sound of a loud VMax.

Thanks

First of all, does the stage 7 bike have an aftermarket exhaust? A stage 7 kit runs like CRAP with the stock exhaust.

In the stage 7 instructions, they recommend leaving V-boost open all the time, but you dont have to. You will need to be able to close V-Boost when you sync the carbs. If The V-boost elimination tunes have been put in, you will either have to buy, or borrow the special tool, to be-able to sync the carbs.

The main thing to look for is the drive ability.....because the Stage 7 instructions basically have you set the bike up pig rich, so it depends on if the PO / shop that installed the kit followed the instructions, or actually tuned the bike for drive ability and tuned it for HP?

Being rich on the jetting actually makes the Vmax slower.

Drive it, and see what it feels like.

I have my stock internals bike w/Stage 7 using VBoost and it runs well like that. You don't know until you try it what it's going to act like. Yes, you can put a Stage 7 bike back to stock, but because of going back to a stock exhaust, and possibly having to replace the VBoost if the bike doesn't have a stock exhaust it comes with, and unless the VBoost is 'abandoned in-place,' or again, it comes with the stock parts, yes, it can get expensive if you had to source these things.

Thanks
Bike has a 4-1 looks like a voodoo pipe, but doesn't have any markings. The V Boost has been eliminated.

I guess I'll just have to ride it and see how it feels

Thanks
Bike has a 4-1 looks like a voodoo pipe, but doesn't have any markings. The V Boost has been eliminated.

I guess I'll just have to ride it and see how it feels

If it's tuned properly for full stage 7, it can run very good. As long as the jetting is right.Stacks under the filters can aid the low rpm loss. If you ride at low RPM? Like Eric mentioned, syncing is inconvenient. But Edelbrock, and others, makes a sync tool for your set up. I prefer to control the V-boost myself. And like it fully open at the flip of a switch.

Latest posts

Back