Red line

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redline Starts at 9500 RPM and Maxes out at 1100 RPM.
Personally, I try to keep it just out of the red.

from the dyno's test I seen you do not get any more from the motor after 9500 rpm either. So any thing above that would be waste and harmful

Redline Starts at 9500 RPM and Maxes out at 1100 RPM.
Personally, I try to keep it just out of the red.

It depends... Full power tacho redlines at 9500 till 2003 and at 9000 from 2003 onwards. Restricted euro version redlines at 8500... (2003 was the year they changed the lettering style on speedo, tacho and temp gauge)

It depends... Full power tacho redlines at 9500 till 2003 and at 9000 from 2003 onwards. Restricted euro version redlines at 8500... (2003 was the year they changed the lettering style on speedo, tacho and temp gauge)

Yup, mine is marked at 8500 and I try to keep to that now.
I missed a gear change sometime after I changed the CDI and the revs went WAAY above redline, had to replace conrods a few weeks later as the small end knocking got worse

Hi there. mine is also an 2en euro restricted max. but the owner before me installed fully working vboost/jet kit/exhoust and carb dia thingy.
(the frame is a 2we which should be a US ? maybe he build it from 2 bikes ? )

one thing i dont get is....

There is a sticky in here about removing restrictions on a max. all of that is done to my bike, but that dosent change the redline does it ?

there must be something more altered since euro redlines at 8.5 and us at 9.5k ?

Im perfektly happy with the bike, just wondered what the reason is, since the motor " should" be the same.

Best regards from Martin

8500 euro redline is a fucking YAM fake, you can run it at 9500 which is the real one!

With EURO power limitations (ignition, vboost, exhaust) this is useless to go over 8500, but no more risky than with US ones, internal parts are the same ones. ;)

Optimum shift point is 9k for at least gears 1 through 3 then maybe run it a little higher (9500). Redline is 9500 as has been mentioned. There is NO factory rev limiter.

Thanks alot, that cleared it up.

Seems wierd to me that yamaha changed the redline for euro models if the engine can take the same punishment as a Us model. :-D

i guess they ment it as a "shift piont" rarther than a "engine will break" zone.

Anyway, thx for taking your time to help.

Martin.
(sorry for my english btw, i realy hope its understandable)

Latest posts

Back