Delkevic Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Regular Guy

Reaction score
Hey Guys, I am thinking about replacing my stock exhaust with a full Delkevic set since my stock headers look like ass. The previous owner apparently never cleaned the front headers and they look bad. Nice and pitted :(

So....I figured I could get some nice new shiny headers and new cans and be ready to rumble, lol. My question is : I assume that since only the front is included that I have to bolt the new set to the back downpipes? I don't understand why they don't include the back ones. I guess it's because they're kind of out of site, out of mind and you really only see the front ones?

Can anyone vouch for the Delkevics? I like the look of the carbon fiber ones but can't decide on the long ones, short round or short ovals.

For some reason I thought their pipes were a stock replacement.

If that's true, you'll add noise but no power.

I'd be after more inclined to spend my money on something from Mark's or Kerker to maximize HP potential.

You might find some used options too. Hindle, hmf, UFO, Holeshot, 2 brothers, and more used to make full system. Voodoo is another option but they are LOUD.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

A quick search on here will find numerous positive reviews of the delkevics in all sizes and shapes. There should be at least a couple videos in one big thread, I'm pretty sure. They do only make the front pipes which are the same diameter as the factory pipes. The factory pipes are double walled in the front, so they look a little bigger, though, just so you know.

Thanks Gents! I am not looking for HP gain, just a little louder pipes. My Wife's Honda Shadow 750's stock exhaust is louder than the VMax :p

I've got the long stainless set on my '85. Very nicely made, fit perfectly. I left the baffles in for the first ride, then removed them to hear what they sounded like. Never put them back in. My front pipes are pretty roached too, and needs to be addressed. The Monkey is telling me to wrap them. The main colors on the bike are black cherry with red trim here and there. I'm thinking about bright red on the pipes..

I meant to post this but forgot. Here's what the Delkevic exhaust ended up sounding like with the baffles in. Sounds good to me but if I ever want to make it louder I can. It's a noticeable improvement over stock I think!

https://youtu.be/7WpUWQgOSLQ

I don't believe bright red would look very good, perhaps someone could photoshop that?

The only colorful exhausts I can think-of which are colorful and attractive are the 1960's Lotus-Ford 'bundle of snakes' Indy car design, and the Brittens.

ClickHandler.ashx
ClickHandler.ashx

I've got the long stainless set on my '85. Very nicely made, fit perfectly. I left the baffles in for the first ride, then removed them to hear what they sounded like. Never put them back in. My front pipes are pretty roached too, and needs to be addressed. The Monkey is telling me to wrap them. The main colors on the bike are black cherry with red trim here and there. I'm thinking about bright red on the pipes..

Yeah, I gave up on the idea. I'll probably just find a set of front pipes, or buy some Delkevics, to go along with the slipons I've got on the bike now..

Delkevic front pipes have a slightly more aggressive bend than the stock downpipes. As to silencers, the round silencers leave very little clearance around the swingarm, they clear (obviously) but are damned close. I am trying to upload a pic of my bike (delkevic oval silencers) and a friends bike (full system, round silencers). Hopefully it explains the downpipe bend better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 33
My Bike wasnt dressed properly in the last pic. So heres a better one. Its worth noting that the full system looks less cobbled together than the setup using original headers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 35
My Bike wasnt dressed properly in the last pic. So heres a better one. Its worth noting that the full system looks less cobbled together than the setup using original headers.

Those look great Diablo! I almost ordered the ovals but in the end went with the 14" round as seen in the video. You're right about the clearance, real close. Hard to tell from this pic but there isn't a lot of room.

delk03.jpg

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=rcr6uc&s=9

If it works (and as usual for me flash player is involved so i cant check it on the ipad), this is the standard cans compared to the delkeviks, the baffles were still in at this point if memory serves. Since then the little blighters have moved into a box on the garage floor.

I cant seem to edit my posts. Anyway, if the last didnt work, this definitely does.

https://youtu.be/ZR5c6gtbXXU

I should also have said that it was filmed with the same device so the sound differences are as they should be.

Back