carb problems

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnlee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@001 Vmax has been sitting for 4 months in my garage. Shotgunned the carbs twice and the second time was better,occasionally she would feel like her old self, but still not running right. Heck a harley could beet me now,and that's really bad. Help me if you can. Thanks too all.

I had the same issue one time. It was a clog that i just couldnt get out, even after 2 shotguns. I finally took OUT PAJ2, that way I could get a full blast of air there. Got it out the first time. Hope it helps.

Took the bike out and 2 minutes into the ride I had a loss of power. I shot some seafoam down PAJ1 and maybe you can help me with what happened. On carbs 1&2 the engine revved up, on 3 nothing happened and on 4 it died down a bit. Do you think I need a complete tear down or what?

Lake City, Fl. I used seafoam in the tank, seafoam spray in all four carbs. Seafoam in the float bowl drain hoses and tuned the carbs with my Morgan Carb tuner. I took it out for a short run and it ran like a beast with a couple of slight hesitations. looks like rain right now so I will run it hard tomorrow to see if I made progress.

Latest posts

Back