kerker sound with stock carbs??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeter

Reaction score
Hello maxers,,I have a stock 94 that runs flawless..I love the sound of the kerker 4 into 1
,,do I need stage 7 to install the full kerker set up,,I've researched everywhere and haven't heard a set of slip-ons that come close to the kerkerw/header,,IMO the single sounds cleaner than the dual..I really don't want to open a can of jetting issues ,,I need the kerker sound with the stock reliability,,had a set of trapp slip-ons and sold them,,too much resonation even with fresh packing,,any advice appreciated,,I don't need a faster bike but I don't want to rob any power from it either,,thanks jeter

You can install any full header as is, with smaller jets (and no jet kit) or you can install a stage seven (or even our Muscle jet kit). I just took a bike apart that had a stage seven on it if you want a used kit.

Sean

I have an 07....with a kerker 4-1. I have the stock airbox (Y removed)...150 mains (1 step smaller than stock) and stage 1 needles. I could use the stock needles, but I want the adjustability.

So I'm basically running a stock set up.

Any changes in performance??I know a guy who graduated from the motorcycle training institute,while he was their he tested Gen 1 vmaxes and found they made the most power with stock exhaust,,and stock air box,,any input?thanks jeter

I have the answer to that. My bike was stock except for slip on mufflers. Kerkers as a matter of fact.

I dyno'd at 104.49 hp. Next I put on a kerker 4-1. 107.74 hp....I had on an RC wheel.....which is HEAVY. With a stock wheel....the hp PROBABLY would have been 2 to 3 hp more. Next run with the Y removed 109.67.

I attached the Dyno sheets. Same jetting for all runs, and same needles.

How it was always described to me....especially with a motorcycle....if you blindly swap parts, you tend to lose hp, BUT...after you retune it, you make more hp than what you started with.

Attachments

• Scan0002.pdf
    246.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Scan0003.pdf
    315.3 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Any changes in performance??I know a guy who graduated from the motorcycle training institute,while he was their he tested Gen 1 vmaxes and found they made the most power with stock exhaust,,and stock air box,,any input?thanks jeter
We did A Dyno Day at Thunder in the Valley a few years in a row and the Stock Gen 1 Vmaxes dyno'd put out from 110 to 12.
The Vmaxes with aftermarket exhausts and Jet Kits (stage 7 or Morleys' Kit) all put out somewhere around 122 to 127 RWHP.
I don't remember exactly how many Vmaxes got dyno'd over those 2 yeasr but I'd guess it was 80 or more.

Thanks for all of the good input,,I guess i'm shopping for a kerker for next year,thanks again and safe ridin to all

I have a couple of used systems around here though they won't be as cheap as some of the other guys sell or ebay cheap. You can email me at [email protected]

Sean

Just for fun Google "my growling vmax", a you tube video of my first start-up after a fresh motor rebuild. Its running an old kerker 4 to 1.

Latest posts

Back