resistors for LEd turn lights?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arlon

Reaction score
Need some help...?

I bought some nice led blinkers.
And with that two resitors for reducing the blinker speed.
But after connecting this, the speed is still to fast like there are no resistors installed.

The resistors are paralel installed on the led lights. Between the + and the - and one for each side.
They are 12W/15R

I went to a electronic shop for some havier resistors 12w/27R but still the same problem. These where also getting hot.
So I went for the 25W/33R resistors but still no luck
I don't know anymore.

What I'm doing wrong here? Wrong resistors?

I don't have any electric information of the led blinkers

I'f seen that there also other (special) relais for led lights.
But can't find the ones specialy for the V-max (7 pins)
The ones I could find where not fitting the connector on the V-max

So two opions:
other resistors. but ????
Ore an other relais. but ????

Help Help

Hy,
i do have LED blinkers
so i install a two pin (contact) heavy-duty car flasher unit
but when doing so; the automatic shut off is desable.

I do know there is a verry interesting post with other solution for that issue.
i`m sure an helping hand will link you shortly:punk:

How many indicators are you fitting? You need one resistor for each light.
The resistors get hot!

You just need a resistor for each side if you go for LEDS on all 4 blinkers. Use 50W4R or ohmic value around that... one on each side. I changed to leds in the back and used these ones below but now im changing them to alloy ones instead of ceramic... To keep exactly the same blink rate the power of the resistor added to the power of the leds has to be the same as stock bulb, the more the power the slower ti will blink. The ohmic value can be variable...

28022011329.jpg

Can you also enlighten everyone by letting us know how/where the resistors are wired when you say 'one per side'?

Are they in parallel, across the + and - wires of one of the blinkers? If so, is mounting them inside the headlamp bucket a good idea since it gets hot in there anyway from the headlamp?

I stept away from the idea of using resistors for the Led lights.

Saterday I bought a 3 pin relais specialy for led lights.

I checked the electric diagram for my model and year 1996 European model.

I left the original relais in place and I took the brown/white wire out of the connector. Plugged this direct into the connector of the led relais.
Soldered a wire at the black (ground) of the AMP plug and a wire on the brown (hot) AMP plug of the original relais connector.
Connected these two at the new led relais connector and . . . . :clapping:working at the right blinking speed.
Found a nice snuggy place under need the scoop.

This is working soooo much easier the the F*cking resistors and just costing me 25,- euro's

If I don't forget and have my scoop removed, I will take a pickie to drop here.

Greetzzz

Thank you Arlon. Great advices! I got the same problem and I couldn't fix it on by using resistors. I checked out your wiring diagram and bought that electric blinker relay with three pins.

But I also had to use little resistors in my rear blinkers - without those the blinking was like emergency blinking! I think that my new led blinkers have so small current that there is some kind of leak in the signal light...

But anyways - thank a lot.

I might be wrong here but wouldn't you want to put the resistor in series on the positive side of feed to light? (between the power and the light) You placing it parallel, your actually shorting the circuit.

Latest posts

Back