Name that Jet Kit!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxinID

Reaction score
Ok Ok,

I bought a replacement carb, cause the one on my bike had the two right Idle screws all jacked up.

So the new carbs had a jet kit in em.

The question is what kind?

Attachments

• jet kit.jpg
    jet kit.jpg
    372.8 KB · Views: 50
Need a closer pic of the needle.Could be either dj 1 or Factory pro configuration 10.Did you figure what mains are in it?

My guess is DJ stage 1. The factory pro needle is thinner and more agressive looking. Pluse, FP kit doesn't have you drill the slides or do anything with the springs.

I'd look at the main. FP uses Mikuni Jets and DJ uses their own which are readily identifiable.

Sean

Ok so here's the main jet.

What is the symbol on the jets mean, the R with the square in the square?
Will that help identify the brand?

Attachments

• mains.JPG
    mains.JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 13
not necessarily. You may have canadian adjustable stock needles. I have a picture somewhere that shows 4 of the most popular needles. They are definetly NOT stage seven needles nor are they the Factory pro titanium needles.
What is the exact length of the needle? I'll try to find the comparasion pic and look at what I have on hand.

Sean

They're stage 1 needles. Stockers don't have that aggressive of a tip. Stage 1 needles are a bit shorter than stock needles.

Attachments

• needles_edited.jpg
    needles_edited.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back