Anybody used this windshield? Any reviews?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm pretty sure that's the same one I have on mine! Can't say many bad things about it. Had it on since mid last season. Stays in place, and looks decent. Pretty sure this was just after I installed it. .
e8c7fc146a471fcf0947c61e79056648.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just installed this tonight.
Install was easy as I just removed the signals and put the new ones in the scoops.

It's $80 more tho.

Attachments

• vmax.jpg
    vmax.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 44
I'm pretty sure that's the same one I have on mine! Can't say many bad things about it. Had it on since mid last season. Stays in place, and looks decent. Pretty sure this was just after I installed it.

That does look like the same one.. Not bad looking, IMHO.
China Shield Smoke.jpg

China Shield Smoke 2.jpg

China Shield Smoke 3.jpg

I do like the other one with the VMax metal brace at the bottom, but it looks like the shield sits a little higher on the bike than the other, and it slightly different shape. I have seen others with a that Vmax brace and lower shape, but they cost way more than I can afford at this time.

There are 2 reasons I was looking at a windshield.
1) I like the way it makes the max look.
2) I looked for about an hour to find a place I could mount my EZPass transponder, where it would pick up without an issue. Damn near every suggestion on the internet says "Stick it to the inside of your windshield". Totally useless information, if you don't have one.

I used that strong Velcro that came with the EZPass, (picked it up from Home Depot) and mounted it on the mirror, facing forward - Arrows Up. Well, it didn't work on the Turnpike heading to NY, nor did it work at the Holland Tunnel. I'm guessing the metal chrome mirrors, blocked the transponder from activating.

When I got my bike, I registered the plate with EZPass, so I'm "HOPING" I won't get a summons when the system sees I have 2 vehicles registered to the same transponder. The Car and the Bike.
This happened on Saturday..
I'm hoping that all is well.

That does look like the same one.. Not bad looking, IMHO.

View attachment 57021

View attachment 57022

View attachment 57023

I do like the other one with the VMax metal brace at the bottom, but it looks like the shield sits a little higher on the bike than the other, and it slightly different shape. I have seen others with a that Vmax brace and lower shape, but they cost way more than I can afford at this time.

There are 2 reasons I was looking at a windshield.

1) I like the way it makes the max look.

2) I looked for about an hour to find a place I could mount my EZPass transponder, where it would pick up without an issue. Damn near every suggestion on the internet says "Stick it to the inside of your windshield". Totally useless information, if you don't have one.

I used that strong Velcro that came with the EZPass, (picked it up from Home Depot) and mounted it on the mirror, facing forward - Arrows Up. Well, it didn't work on the Turnpike heading to NY, nor did it work at the Holland Tunnel. I'm guessing the metal chrome mirrors, blocked the transponder from activating.

When I got my bike, I registered the plate with EZPass, so I'm "HOPING" I won't get a summons when the system sees I have 2 vehicles registered to the same transponder. The Car and the Bike.

This happened on Saturday..

I'm hoping that all is well.

Heck, now you can mount it above the speedo on the inner of that visor. I got that one because I liked that it wasn't huge, and gave it a decent look. They look like they are the same, and you really can't go wrong. Not for the money lol. It will deflect too, just not as much as the others, but I did notice less bug impact on me after installing it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's good to know about the bugs.. My visor is getting pretty mucked up from Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice, Beetle Juice.. LOL!!!

I mounted my EZPass on the fork brace.
Did you have it flat on the brace, or in any kind of holder??
Reason for asking.. I wanted to know if mounting it on my mirror's chrome surface blocked any signals.

Yes it is flat on the brace. I have the brace from when vmoa sold them. Its thicker and flat on top with the turning fork design on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That little shield is better than nothing. Either one will break the wind a bit. +1 as a bug shield. It looks to be well worth the $$ Darin. My last set of Metzler radials freaked me out when I read China on the sidewalls, I almost sent them back, because I asked before buying and was told Germany by the Super Store. They turned out to be longer lasting and as good quality than my German made set.

I know what you mean.. I purchased a nice thick EBC rear rotor: EBC Rotor - 2.jpg, and within 2 months, it rusted out so bad that it was staining the driveway, messing up my new pads, and looked terrible.

I had to get a replacement so I purchased this one from China: China Rotor.jpg.
It's been holding up so well, that I ended up getting 2 more for the front. Also, it closely matches the stock look, which I love.

I ordered the "Maroon" shield. It's not really Maroon.. It's Brown or Dark Tan in color. This color should look pretty good on my Tan 91.
I'll post a pic, once is comes in and installed.

Went for a lil ride last night.
It does do a pretty good job for what it is.
Little more wind noise by my helmet but also takes away the sensation of speed.
Meaning, you'll want to go faster because there's no wind on your chest.
At least for me.

Latest posts

Back