Front Fender Delete

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a-dub

Reaction score
Anyone deleted the front fender or have pics of a bike without it? Just scheming today wondering how it would look?

Cool that would be great

No worries. Here you go. I took some with and without the middle mounting piece. Keep in mind that I have other stuff removed from the bike also, but this should give you the general idea:

DSC00753.jpg

SSPX0823.jpg

SSPX0824.jpg

SSPX0825.jpg

SSPX0826.jpg

SSPX0827.jpg

SSPX0828.jpg

SSPX0829.jpg

Oh, if you REALLY wanted, I could snap some pics with all the painted parts back on, sans front fender, but that will be 2-3 weeks or so before I have everything back. I'd just put that part on last. No biggie to me, so long as I remember to do it. Just let me know.

The fender works really well to keep crap out of the radiator (price one if you are ready to replace it, if it gets damaged). Plus it really keeps water out of your face if you get caught in the rain.

Sean

The front end of a Vmax isn't very bulky. Especially the older ones with the smaller forks and brakes, so when you remove the fender is makes it look even worse.

JMO

Plus like Sean said... Radiators are STUPID expensive.

Chris

The pink bike helmet behind the Max in the last pic is priceless! lol

Oh, you mean my "summer riding helmet?" Yeah, the vents keep my head cool in the heat. I highly recommend them. They come in black, so I had to special order the pink.

Don't like the fenderless look much at all! Bad idea i guess

I'm glad you came to that conclusion. I didn't want to discourage you, but the above posters are correct. You ride through a puddle or god forbid a rainstorm, and you'll get a firehose of water right in your face! The geometry is perfect to fling the water straight up and into your eyes, nose, and mouth. Some rocks will also enjoy the trip if you have some good tread up there. :bang head:

Hi all:

Sort of on the same subject here...

I have a '94 YZF750 front end on my Max (USD forks, Yamaha Blue Spot brake calipers), but I really don't like the look of the YZF's front fender, and I'm hoping to modify it/get it modified into a smaller, leaner, cafe-style minimalist fender.

Does anyone you know modify fenders professionally? I'm hoping to find someone who can accomplish what I described above.

Thanks for any/all help you can provide!

Elimax

What are those, rubber foot rests on your crash bars?. Are they enough to keep your feet from sliding off??

Hi all:

Sort of on the same subject here...

I have a '94 YZF750 front end on my Max (USD forks, Yamaha Blue Spot brake calipers), but I really don't like the look of the YZF's front fender, and I'm hoping to modify it/get it modified into a smaller, leaner, cafe-style minimalist fender.

Does anyone you know modify fenders professionally? I'm hoping to find someone who can accomplish what I described above.

Thanks for any/all help you can provide!

Elimax
There are some retailers that sell new fenders that are less bulky than oem. Try motoforza for one.

Anyone with bodywork skills can modify one if that is what you want.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

And please don't ride without a forkbrace. It's there for a reason.

Latest posts

Back