Foreign object in front left cylinder

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfee

Reaction score
Quick question here is it possible to lift front cylinder head about 1 centimetre (with the engine in the frame)to remove something that has dropped through the spark plug hole into the front left cylinder (yes through my own stupidity☹) have tried magnets and endoscopes .:ummm:

Would be very grateful for any helpful information

Yes, not an easy task but it can be done. Try a bit of silicon or thick gum stuck to a rod and then stuck to your object. You may be able to get it out that way.

+1 Brian on a must have tool. I use that tool all the time. Tina has her own now,after I watched her using mine to clean a drain.
Depending on what it is in the motor, can the engine be turned over by hand? The Vac method will need the valves closed. I'd pull the motor and flip it upside down. If it's tiny it might come out. Then if nothing works, you'll have a lot more fun taking the head off. Good time for a nice paint job too.

I use that tool all the time. Tina has her own now,after I watched her using mine to clean a drain.

Impressive.
My wife is really good at clogging drains. I've never seen her clean one though.

I need to tear apart the bath tub trap at least 2X year. I typically pull out a wad of hair that is about 12" long. When I rip it out, it kind of reminds me of a huge rat that you'd find the sewer of NYC or something. Nasty.

I've often wondered why she isn't bald.

Impressive.
My wife is really good at clogging drains. I've never seen her clean one though.

I need to tear apart the bath tub trap at least 2X year. I typically pull out a wad of hair that is about 12" long. When I rip it out, it kind of reminds me of a huge rat that you'd find the sewer of NYC or something. Nasty.

I've often wondered why she isn't bald.

Oh yeah, been there done that!
I use the Home depot thing. works much better.
Sorry to get off topic but felt compelled to help a brother out with a wife with long hair!
$2.50
plumbing-snakes-augers-bc00400-64_1000.jpg

Oh yeah, been there done that!
I use the Home depot thing. works much better.
Sorry to get off topic but felt compelled to help a brother out with a wife with long hair!
$2.50
plumbing-snakes-augers-bc00400-64_1000.jpg

I keep one under the bathroom sink and one in the basement next to the laundry tub.
Still need to tear apart the trap 2X year.

They do work well if you can reach the clog!

Thank you 93max. I have a wife and a daughter with long hair. I can't remember the last time I took a shower and didn't have to remove a "dead rat" looking clump from the drain. But that tool looks great for getting into the drain and clearing it.

Thank you 93max. I have a wife and a daughter with long hair. I can't remember the last time I took a shower and didn't have to remove a "dead rat" looking clump from the drain. But that tool looks great for getting into the drain and clearing it.

Isn't it funny they will take a shower with the water OVER their ankles and not say OR do anything! :bang head:
F'ing hair is amazing! It finds it's way past the "hair catcher device " in the drain!

Nice tool, I'm getting one. Though I'm innocent of clogging the drain with any hair. Sorry to hijack your thread. Any luck getting the object out? Is it magnetic?

I would put the bike in 5th gear, raise the back tire off the ground, pull all four plugs.

Take a long soda straw and insert it into the plug hole and hold it while you slowly rotate the rear tire to bring that piston up closer to the spark plug hole. As the straw rises, you can judge where the piston is. Or you can use your endoscope.

Get the piston top close to the spark plug hole to where you can retrieve the object either with a pickup tool, vacuum attached to a slim metal tube (piece of brake line), forceps, or a magnet depending on what you dropped in there.

Latest posts

Back