finally got a new to me bike a 2008 vtx 1800

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppop

Reaction score
i know a few of you guy's know i sold my max around 3 years ago.not a thing wrong with it,for me it just wasn't my true cup of tea. always will hold a special place in my heart.iwatched it leave the drive ,the walked to the end of the drive and watched it go outta sight,Im 62 now and just wanting something to cruise around on.found this creature at a local bike store.my biggest problem is stopping,the brakes are great,just must be me.the wiggle and wobbles of 800 pounds of this thing,and these old legs .guess ill figure it out.Is it the max no. a completely different creature.only had it 4 days.just a old bird on a cruiser now.memories to me that's what it's all about.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 47
Hey,
Keep riding, as long as you can,, whatever it's on..
Take care Brother..

Wait till you get as old as I am, you young whippersnapper! Glad to see you back on two wheels! I've got to admit, at 68 years old, the Max can get a bit uncomfortable. That's why I have the Road Star. Easier ride for the old bones.. But the Max is my true love.

Great looking bike. I get it about the Vmax, I'll jump on the Venture (89) for any real time or distance. Its blissfuly comfy at any speed! Im only about to turn 50 but I have a Dx that includes chronic pain and wicked joint stiffness, I could never live with the Vmax as my only bike, regardless of how much I thought otherwise. Just the way it is. I must say that the Vmax is my most loved bike, in spite of being the least practical, for anything. Glad you found something nice that suits your wants and needs.

thank you all,Having friends that see where im coming from.hadnt been on here in a while.Sure missed you all.

thank you all.not gonna go anywhere.all good guy's.whippersnapper,not heard that in forever

I was shopping for VTX 1800F models before I found the VMAX. The rev limiter kicks in too early from me, but that can be fixed. I may still pick one up if I don't find a killer deal on a second gen VMAX.

Latest posts

Back