Bright Gauge's Remedy (color change)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Bright Gauge's Remedy

THE BULBS I USED & WORKED PERFECTLY ARE # 24 & THEY ARE 2.00 CANDLE POWER, & I USED # 37 BULBS & THEY ARE .50 CANDLE POWER, THEY WERE ALL CLEAR BULBS ,SO I HAD TO USE THE COLORED GEL COVERS, THE SPEED-O TAKES THE # 24 BULBS , & THE GUAGES TAKE THE # 37 BULBS, !!!!

Last edited:

THE SPEED-O TAKES 2 BULBS, THE FACTORY BULBS ARE 3 WATTS , & THE GUAGES TAKE 2 BULBS, THE FACTORY BULBS ARE 3 WATTS ALSO !!! THIS MOD WAS A BIG CHANGE !!! REMEMBER THE SPEED-O TAKES # 24 & THE GUAGES TAKE # 37, NOW ,,COLORED BULBS OR NOT , IF YOU WANT IT DIMMER !!!

Last edited:

I TOOK PICTURES OF MY GUAGES, THEY CAME OUT GOOD, I LOADED A NEW AVTAR, OF MY AIR BOX COVER, BUT IT WON'T LET ME POST PICTURES, IT SAYS SERVER ERROR, ANY IDEA'S ????

HERES PICTURES OF MINE AT
COPRUNNER33
NIGHT !!!!!

THESE ARE MY GUAGES AT NIGHT !!!

Attachments

• 000_0129.jpg
    000_0129.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 230

Like this?:thumbs up:

Attachments

• red speedo_3528.jpg
    red speedo_3528.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 248

YEA, I SHOULD TRY NOT USING NIGHT MODE, & SEE WHAT HAPPENS !!!!

You just need a steadier hand or a tripod. Rest the camera on something and take another picture.

Hey Sean, since you know Mario can you ask him which ones he used? I mean did he use the 74 and 24 as well??

Yeah if you look at my links I was looking at the incandescent I have NO issues with the brightness of the display now but wouldn't mind it dimmer. Just having colored bulbs will make it dimmer plus with my red theme the red gauges will look the shit!:thumbs up: Was your count on the bulbs for all the gauges then Tim?:ummm:
I just send him an email.

You just need a steadier hand or a tripod. Rest the camera on something and take another picture.

What B said! In night mode it holds the shutter open longer to pull in as much light as possible so when you hold it you are moving and it comes out blurry. The best way to do it is on a tripod but then put the timer on so that it's still when it takes the picture. You'll be amazed by how good it comes out! See pic of car taken at night below. My bro did exactly what I said. You can tell by how bright the lights look. It was pretty well dark when it was taken even though it looks light.

I just send him an email.

Kewl thanks!

Attachments

• 335I at deals gap#2.jpg
    335I at deals gap#2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 101

Cool light mod indeed! Especially for the 05-07 Max with red highlights.

FWIW. If you cant find the red gel caps. Try using brake light repair lens film. It comes in a sheet about 8"x8" at any auto parts store. Just remove the lamps and wrap them with the red adhesive film. And the best part is it only cost a buck.

I just checked out the exploded view on Yamaha's site.
There are 9 bulbs all with the same part number.2 in the speedo and 7 in the gauges.

42x-83517-00-00 (12v-3w)

ONLY 2 OR 3 OF THE BULBS IN THE GUAGES ARE TO LIGHT THEM UP ,!!! THE OTHER 4 OR 5 ARE BEHIND THE HIGH BEAM INDICATOR & LOW FUEL LIGHT & THE NUETRAL LIGHT & SO ON !!!!! AND 2 # 24 BULBS IN THE SPEED-O !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

I HAVE A TRI-POD & WILL TAKE MORE PICTURES THIS WEEK !!!!

I just checked out the exploded view on Yamaha's site.
There are 9 bulbs all with the same part number.2 in the speedo and 7 in the gauges.

42x-83517-00-00 (12v-3w)

There are two bulbs in the speedo and two that light up the temp and tach gauges, the other 5 are for the indicator lights such as neutral, oil, fuel, high beam and turn signal

THATS WHAT I THOUGHT, BUT IT WAS 10 MONTHS AGO I DID THIS "MOD" THANKS 82NDCOWBOY !!!

Latest posts

Back