main stand.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Use washers inserted between the coils to stretch it out, and then remove them

What works for me is to have the bike on the side stand and attach the spring to the stand and pivoty thing which is attached to the frame.

You now need to install one of the the pivot bolts but I can't remember if it is the furthest away from the spring mount or nearest (one way works better than the other). Once done don't tighten.

You can then pull the bottom of the centre stand across so that it pivots about the already inserted bolt which allows you to align the holes in the frame and stand to install the other bolt.
Tighten and add the lock-nuts.

My advice is save the weight and leave it off. It takes two minutes to install without the spring when you need it. Now if you like to use it when you park your bike, well that's a different story and I'm sure both of the above methods will work fine.

I used about $6.00 in quarters, jammed between the coils while extending the spring. As you take pressure off the spring, it keeps the length and just falls out of position.

My real headache is trying to figure out how to remove the right bolt, past the muffler stand-off mount..

muffler drawing.jpg

bolt too close.jpg

My advice is save the weight and leave it off. It takes two minutes to install without the spring when you need it. Now if you like to use it when you park your bike, well that's a different story and I'm sure both of the above methods will work fine.
I use the main stand,i drive it in my garage then turn it round on the main stand.The reason i do this,my garage floor is seven inch lower than the outside floor level.I have to drive down a ramp,turn it round and drive up the ramp to go out.The washer trick did the job,thanks everyone.

I normally don't use the center stand other than for service. I used to take it off and put back on for trips and such. Then when putting it on I just installed the pivot bolts connected the spring to the center stand the using a long screwdriver leveraging and sliding down the screwdriver I stretch the spring onto the frame mount.

Latest posts

Back