Motus Motorcycles stops operations

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
From the article in another topic:

Motus Motorcycles founders Lee Conn and Brian Case announced on the Motus Owners Group Facebook page that, “After an amazing ten year ride, Motus is forced to shut down operations, effective immediately.” The post goes on to state that the company’s investors unexpectedly pulled the rug out, informing Motus management that they will not provide “sufficient capital to maintain operations and grow the business” (which sounds like a business-speak way of saying that they will only provide funding to keep the remaining factory assets together until a decision is made on their future). This was right before Motus was rumored to be unveiling a new streetfighter-style model for 2019 based upon the company’s trademark longitudinally mounted single-cam/pushrod V-4 engine.

I'm sorry to see them go, it seemed like a well-developed product, if a bit pricey. Hopefully, someone buys the bones and uses the engine in another iteration.

I loved the sound of their motor, they should of made a power cruiser and charged less, a lot less.

They were supposed to be releasing a musclebike this coming year. Their pricing was an unfortunate result of small volume, the best components, and limited agents. "Motorcycle Classics"in their current issue has an article on the Hesketh, a British V-twin conceived and sold in the 1980's, something of a similar product, a premium bike that also became an orphan. One of my acquaintances in Miami FL had one, I thought it was gorgeous and interesting mechanically, but it was released before all its teething problems were solved. The company only sold something like 340 bikes before closing. It's since been building bikes from reserves of parts, under new owners, and the current owner is trying to again resume regular production. They have new designs: http://www.heskethmotorcycles.co.uk/ which I think use an S & S engine, including one with forced induction.

Back