Had a nasty scare today!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mmmmmmm nice bike for sale Danny....mmmmmm

Ya does look like a chunk missing but you think it's molded that way???

Mmmmmmm nice bike for sale Danny....mmmmmm

Ya does look like a chunk missing but you think it's molded that way???

Yeah, I think so. Saw it yesterday and thinking it was a gouge (altho in an odd spot) I dug at it with my fingernail and it seemed like it was cast in that way...then when I saw the for sale post the mark looked eerily similar.....:ummm:

I'll see if I can get a pic....

Side depth thing maybe:ummm::ummm:

Time to change tire man,it's a sign lol......don't know what it is then chg it to make the world seem right hahahah

Ah...no big mystery at all! Turns out it's some kind of snake or serpent or some such shit....hence the 'Venom' name.

Looks more like a deformed toad with a runny nose to me....but whatever it is there's two of them just at the edge of the tread line and another two on the sidewall.

Attachments

• 100_3207.jpg
    100_3207.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_3210.jpg
    100_3210.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 19
I'm glad you made it back to BRC in one Piece my friend. I've had better luck with Metzler tires myself. Dam cagers. I had one swing right before a left turn last week (why do they do that?). Knocked my left bar end mirror in the upright position.

Ah...no big mystery at all! Turns out it's some kind of snake or serpent or some such shit....hence the 'Venom' name.

Looks more like a deformed toad with a runny nose to me....but whatever it is there's two of them just at the edge of the tread line and another two on the sidewall.
i THATS SOME FUNNY SHIT ! :punk: :punk: :punk:

I'm glad you made it back to BRC in one Piece my friend. I've had better luck with Metzler tires myself. Dam cagers. I had one swing right before a left turn last week (why do they do that?). Knocked my left bar end mirror in the upright position.

Holy crapo Steve-o, that was a close one for you, sure glad it wasn't worse. Yeah, if it weren't for the cagers we could have a ball out there, instead of dodging bullets alla time. :punk:

I'm kinda leaning toward the Metz's, had some on '99 & Sallymax and liked them a lot.

Glad your OK Dano. My brother had a similar incident years ago, he came over the crest of a hill to find traffic stopped in front of him. No time to stop, so he ended up laying the bike down and smacking his head/helmet HARD on the pavement....left a softball sized dent in his helmet! His misfortune makes me very cautious whenever I cant see whats directly in front of me when on the bike.

Glad your OK Dano. My brother had a similar incident years ago, he came over the crest of a hill to find traffic stopped in front of him. No time to stop, so he ended up laying the bike down and smacking his head/helmet HARD on the pavement....left a softball sized dent in his helmet! His misfortune makes me very cautious whenever I cant see whats directly in front of me when on the bike.

Yep, not many "old, bold" motorcyclists! You know what they say.:biglaugh:

I will roll-out of the throttle and begin slowing-down well-before a blind intersection or the crest of a hill. Rarely do I not do that, and consequently I don't have an anecdote about being surprised cresting a hill.

I do have one about two numbnutz in a Civic w/a fart-can exhaust, tailgating me and trying to pass on a double-solid centerline (which apparently means absolutely nothing in south FL) on a two-lane road next to the Dania Cutoff Canal by Ft. Lauderdale International Airport. They kept trying to pull-out, but there was always oncoming traffic. I could see the driver was getting agitated, pounding on the steering wheel & etc. I knew that if I let him have half-a-chance, he'd pull-out and then cut me off or sideswipe me into the ditch, so I just kept ahead of him, using power to space us, as oncoming traffic passed, and then he would tailgate me again while they went by. I could have pulled-over and just let the jerk by, but today I wasn't in that mood. I pulled into the driveway of a business, and they tried to cut-me-off to the inside so I stopped, and they both started to give me a ration of s___. One was a 'pencil-necked-geek,' riding shotgun, the other was a bit bigger, the driver, but no one was leaving the car. If they did, I would have pulled into the back of the shop (my friend's) and whipped-out my video camera/phone to shoot some video for giving to the PD after I called 911. The punks lit-out of there after I reached into my riding jacket breast pocket. The movement was as-if you were accessing a shoulder holster, so I guess they didn't want to see if they were gonna be victims instead of predators. :damn angry:

Yep, not many "old, bold" motorcyclists! You know what they say.:biglaugh:

I will roll-out of the throttle and begin slowing-down well-before a blind intersection or the crest of a hill. Rarely do I not do that, and consequently I don't have an anecdote about being surprised cresting a hill.

I do have one about two numbnutz in a Civic w/a fart-can exhaust, tailgating me and trying to pass on a double-solid centerline (which apparently means absolutely nothing in south FL) on a two-lane road next to the Dania Cutoff Canal by Ft. Lauderdale International Airport. They kept trying to pull-out, but there was always oncoming traffic. I could see the driver was getting agitated, pounding on the steering wheel & etc. I knew that if I let him have half-a-chance, he'd pull-out and then cut me off or sideswipe me into the ditch, so I just kept ahead of him, using power to space us, as oncoming traffic passed, and then he would tailgate me again while they went by. I could have pulled-over and just let the jerk by, but today I wasn't in that mood. I pulled into the driveway of a business, and they tried to cut-me-off to the inside so I stopped, and they both started to give me a ration of s___. One was a 'pencil-necked-geek,' riding shotgun, the other was a bit bigger, the driver, but no one was leaving the car. If they did, I would have pulled into the back of the shop (my friend's) and whipped-out my video camera/phone to shoot some video for giving to the PD after I called 911. The punks lit-out of there after I reached into my riding jacket breast pocket. The movement was as-if you were accessing a shoulder holster, so I guess they didn't want to see if they were gonna be victims instead of predators. :damn angry:

Good points guys! Any 'need for speed' will be filled on the Taconic St Pkwy from now on! I'm not an aggressive driver by any means, but at that particular moment, on that particular stretch of road, I had used up nearly all my margin....and then needed it! My fault for sure!

I've had 2 similar situations where the back tire started skidding.
The first one was a little old lady in a mid 80's chevy truck with no brake lights or turn signals and it was daytime. She was in the left turn lane approaching the intersection when she changed her mind and wanted to go right, across 2 lanes and I was in the right lane as she cut in front of me! I got on the brakes and the back locked up and went sideways. I feathered the rear brake enough to keep the bike upright. I almost could have reached out and touched the truck I was so close.
The second one was at night at another intersection. The light changed to yellow and this car stops short of the intersection by about 4 car lengths which shortened my stopping distance, I got on the brakes and locked up the rear. I managed to get stopped in time, but it definitely increases the pucker factor!

glad you're ok danny. i actually specifically put organic pads on my rear as even with sticky as hell shinkos the rear just seems so easy to lock up in emergency scenarios.

altho the avon i'm sure didn't help.

Yeah, the MRI showed the injuries are old ones, muscles have detached and retracted and can't be surgically repaired....apparently I worked with these injuries for many years but the tractor incident fired everything back up again.

I can sympathize, I didnt have an injury as bad as that, but did have a partial tear in my right rotator after someone tried to kick me in the face in karate, and I caught it...and my shoulder took the force of the blow.

glad you're ok danny. i actually specifically put organic pads on my rear as even with sticky as hell shinkos the rear just seems so easy to lock up in emergency scenarios.

altho the avon i'm sure didn't help.

Do the organics help?

Do the organics help?

i've found they make the brake a lot less likely to lock up. obviously with that comes the fact they don't 'bite' as well but a sliding rear wheel to me is pretty useless. i found them perfect for our bikes.

I can sympathize, I didnt have an injury as bad as that, but did have a partial tear in my right rotator after someone tried to kick me in the face in karate, and I caught it...and my shoulder took the force of the blow.

better your shoulder than your face :icon_rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back