What's a good price for a 2009?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_devas

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm new to the VMax scene although I've been riding bikes for years. Recently purchased a 2009 VMax with 37,000 miles and I'm wondering if I got it for a good price or not. I'm attaching a picture of the bike.
Mods list:
- powder coated black over 150 parts
- stock cans are ceramic coated
- custom exhaust tips made in Europe
- spoiler chin from England
- T-Rex billet frame sliders
- engine cover sliders
- stiletto rear seat (I have the OEM as well)
- custom cut license plate (I have the OEM as well)
- aftermarket blacked out tail light
- aftermarket blacked out turn signals front and rear
- wide rear rim with 240 tire (I have the OEM rim with the New Metzler tire as well)
- three K&N air filters fitted in the stock air box
- Power Commander V with Autotune
- Autotune switch on the right handlebar
- reflashed ECU by Guru Gear
- Akrapovich mid-pipe (cat removed)
- double D clutch
- billet clutch/brake levers
- billet hand guards
- billet mirrors
- European Yamaha tank pad
- billet front foot-pegs (extra)
- double outlet cigarette lighter 12v/usb on left handlebar
- Garmin 390LM gps mount
Last full maintenance at the Freedom Powersports (479)521-7133 / Master Tech Brad on March 2017 :
- changed all fluids
- brake pads
- new Michelin Tires front/rear
- spark plugs

Attachments

• IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 31
Forgot to clarify and apparently I can't edit my post, but I'm curious what others feel a good price for the bike is.

There's been a '09 on the local CL for months, last I saw it was down to $8200 and still was getting re-posted. Wasn't all blacked out but had a few tasteful extras, similar miles to yours.

I called the guy for kicks and grins, threw out a $7k offer and he agreed to $7500 pretty quickly, admitted he'd been trying to sell the thing for 6 months and had very little interest in it.

There's a few other gen2's that are newer with lower miles that have asking prices in the 9-11k range. But, they're also reposted, and reposted, and reposted. They're not quick sellers, it's not a bike for everyone.

Ultimately, a bike is worth what someone is willing to pay.

That VMax has been sold. It is a very nice bike. It was a GREAT DEAL.

You will occasionally come across a fire sale as this one was......but you'll still see them sell for $9k+. Mine did.

Find an anxious seller and you'll get yourself a deal.......works that way with everything I guess.

Hi all, I'm new to the VMax scene although I've been riding bikes for years. Recently purchased a 2009 VMax with 37,000 miles and I'm wondering if I got it for a good price or not. I'm attaching a picture of the bike.
Mods list:
- powder coated black over 150 parts
- stock cans are ceramic coated
- custom exhaust tips made in Europe
- spoiler chin from England
- T-Rex billet frame sliders
- engine cover sliders
- stiletto rear seat (I have the OEM as well)
- custom cut license plate (I have the OEM as well)
- aftermarket blacked out tail light
- aftermarket blacked out turn signals front and rear
- wide rear rim with 240 tire (I have the OEM rim with the New Metzler tire as well)
- three K&N air filters fitted in the stock air box
- Power Commander V with Autotune
- Autotune switch on the right handlebar
- reflashed ECU by Guru Gear
- Akrapovich mid-pipe (cat removed)
- double D clutch
- billet clutch/brake levers
- billet hand guards
- billet mirrors
- European Yamaha tank pad
- billet front foot-pegs (extra)
- double outlet cigarette lighter 12v/usb on left handlebar
- Garmin 390LM gps mount
Last full maintenance at the Freedom Powersports (479)521-7133 / Master Tech Brad on March 2017 :
- changed all fluids
- brake pads
- new Michelin Tires front/rear
- spark plugs

There is a 2011 here for sale at around $7500. The milage and distance from me kind of scared me off. If it was closer, I probably would have jumped on it.
After searching (on and off) for 3 years, I decided to pick up another M109R. I know it is not the same type of bike, but considering this is my 4th one, they are kind of special. It is not as fast, or as nimble, but it really suites my riding style very well. I was able to pick up this 2013 with 4500 miles for about 1/2 of what I had been able to find a comparable Vmax for. I still lust after the Vmax, but this is a nice change from my spyder, without being something that will get me in too much trouble. I also still have the spyder for touring duties.

Attachments

• 00000_1OQnCho31UN_1200x900.jpg
    00000_1OQnCho31UN_1200x900.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 22519669_1640591045972088_3603479091548258828_o.jpg
    22519669_1640591045972088_3603479091548258828_o.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 15
Back