Carb gaskets?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know they are not called carb gaskets, but what ever the hell they are called mine are cracked as sh#t. When I called yamaha he said they were $110:surprise: and I needed 4 of them. I almost sh%t myself:damn angry: ! Is there anywhere else I can get these things for a better price??

Thanks

I know they are not called carb gaskets, but what ever the hell they are called mine are cracked as sh#t. When I called yamaha he said they were $110:surprise: and I needed 4 of them. I almost sh%t myself:damn angry: ! Is there anywhere else I can get these things for a better price??

Thanks

If they are not leaking, I would not replaced them. Mine are cracked too, but aren't leaking. Wait until you price carb diaphrams! Doh!

Great info guys. After calling Rick at UMotorsports (thanks Mark:cheers: ) he told me the price for the v-max forum guys was $8.00 for each of the boots. It seems that the jackass at my Yamaha dealer was looking at the price for diaphrams, not the boots.

So I ordered everything from Rick and for the 16 gromets, 2 head gaskets, and 4 carb boots with shipping and it was cheaper than the price from the Yamaha guy fot the gromets and gaskets alone.

On a side note, does anyone know where I could get a carb cover (3 are in good shape but one of them has a filler used in it (maybe to fill a dent). And are the covers supposed to have 3 phillips screws and one hex head?????

As always:cheers:

Boots are only $8 and diaphrams are $40 from U/Motors.Do not buy anything in stock Yamaha parts from the local dealer.They charge full retail.U/Motors charges 15%over cost.Almost half of retail.

On a side note, does anyone know where I could get a carb cover (3 are in good shape but one of them has a filler used in it (maybe to fill a dent). And are the covers supposed to have 3 phillips screws and one hex head?????

you have to buy a complete carb to get the cover and I don't think I have any unbroken sets to sell just one. I keep them on hand chromed and ready to go (as well as a ton of other parts). they don't actually look bad painted up in the center with polished lips and vice-versa. There are custom aftermarket ones too.

Sean

Back