Oil and V Boost

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you need a hand with the shotgun feel free to shoot me a pm, Worked wonders for me as well as many others here, I don't live too far away....................................tom.

I use the RotellaT 15-40 also. I used to run the full syn Mobil 1 10-40. After switching the shift action is smoother and neutral is easier to find.

Plus, my clutch started slipping around 22k, and within maybe 500 miles it was slipping so badly I had to change it. At the same time I put in the PCW kit I switched to Rotella.

I also noticed that my starter cluch no longer "misses" in cold weather like it used to with the full syn (I'd had it apart twice...once to fix it, once again to check since it still sometimes missed in cold weather). It hadn't loosened, so the missing I also attribute to the oil being "too slick"

It's also much cheaper. You get a 5qt jug at wally world for like $18, while Royal purple or Mobil1 are around $9/quart.

Check this out for lots of new-owner FAQs.

Brilliant! :clapping: The sync is a 5mn job, all you need is a sync tool (4-way vacuum gauge) which costs about $100 or you can make your own for about $15.

Taking the carbs off is also easy - 20mns at most - taking them apart properly to clean them thoroughly is a little more involved.

Check the Carb/Tuning forum here for full info.

How do you make you own carb sync tool?

Third gear is great, hit the vboost in first!!!!! My bike usually starts to wheelie when the vboost hits in first gear, Not always, but ususlly. I can sure feel it.:eusa_dance:

My Dad worked at Shell for almost 40 years and helped design the specs for the rotella line of oils, many moons ago all that was available was 15wx40 weight. He always told me it was the only oil approved for any vehicle gas or dieseil! I used it religously in my bikes but then changed to the either Castrol or Valvaline Motorcycle oil available at the Auto parts. All this talk about oil has got me rethinking the Rotella? i can't even remember why i changed.:confused2:

Latest posts

Back