Insurance! What are you paying?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Kratzenberg

Reaction score
I just wonder what class they will fit into. I looks allot more like a sport bike than a cruiser. It will mean a huge insurance hike on the new Vmax.
That I don't like...us Canadians pay way too much as it is. I have not got my new rate for this year but last year was $1300.00 with a perfect record ! NOT to mention I own the bike so I don't have to pay collision. I can't imagine the rates for a new one and having collision on it.... holy shit - I don't like the bike that much !

Fuk that I'll stick with what I can't afford already.

Wow $1300.00 a year...
I pay $75.00 a year for my liability insurance.
And that has never gone up since i bought my bike 4 years ago.
That's a huge difference> glad i live in the states!

Re: concept+some photshop=wow

I live in Northern Ontario and own a 2006 vmax. Full insurance is $720.00/year. I'm with Primmum Insurance - I think you need to shop around to get a better rate.

Mike

I live in Northern Ontario and own a 2006 vmax. Full insurance is $720.00/year. I'm with Primmum Insurance - I think you need to shop around to get a better rate.

Mike

I agree. I'm in Southern Ontario and with Primmum and pay under $700 a year.

I just wonder what class they will fit into. I looks allot more like a sport bike than a cruiser. It will mean a huge insurance hike on the new Vmax. ..

weird eh? my vmax is 145 advertised hp...has a reputation as a street drag racer with crap brakes and a propensity to corner badly....yes costs less to insure (fully!!) than to put liability only on my well cornering well braking 100hp ducati.... no sence....

to top it off im 40 with monstrous self preservation skills har har

I'm 41 and my record is perfect. I am not shitting you guys....and get this....I am with Primmum. WTF ? :bang head:

Sometimes I think they give deals to some and screw others. They better drop it down or they can kiss my HAIRY WHITE ASS forever. @HOLES.

I just wonder what class they will fit into. I looks allot more like a sport bike than a cruiser. It will mean a huge insurance hike on the new Vmax.
That I don't like...us Canadians pay way too much as it is. I have not got my new rate for this year but last year was $1300.00 with a perfect record ! NOT to mention I own the bike so I don't have to pay collision. I can't imagine the rates for a new one and having collision on it.... holy shit - I don't like the bike that much !

Fuk that I'll stick with what I can't afford already.

WOW!, I pay $45/mo full coverage, but they let me drop the insurance during winter months so the monthly payment during winter is only $14/mo.

359 last year for full coverage on a 2006...:eusa_dance: 33 and clean record!

The new max is nice but a car is in my future... I want to get into racing... Road course though.:thumbs up:

$75 a year for liability only on my 99-perfect record.

This is with Farmers insurance group.

I've been quoted around $700 a year for full coverage.

I win !!!!

$0.00 insurance for my 06 Max

Motorcycle insurance/liability is no a requirement in Florida.

Although my 06 Vette cost me 3 grand each year, with a perfect record and after spend a lot of time shopping for the cheapest full cover insurance :bang head:

If the economy continue going downhill and car insurance continue going up I will sell the vette.

There is not need to have 2 big V engines parked in the garage. The V-max is enough and cheap to own.

I will miss the Vette anyway, it's a fantastic car and it also pull hard, more or less like the max.

I have Geico, Only reason I use them is because my other Auto insurance is through USAA and they don't insure motorcycles and it only costs me 95 a month for a 04 Jeep liberty, 92 F250, and a 92 5.0 mustang.

The Motorcycle through Geico in CA it costs me 420 a year full coverage, In Utah its about 400 a year.

I win !!!!

$0.00 insurance for my 06 Max

Motorcycle insurance/liability is no a requirement in Florida.

Although my 06 Vette cost me 3 grand each year, with a perfect record and after spend a lot of time shopping for the cheapest full cover insurance :bang head:

If the economy continue going downhill and car insurance continue going up I will sell the vette.

There is not need to have 2 big V engines parked in the garage. The V-max is enough and cheap to own.

I will miss the Vette anyway, it's a fantastic car and it also pull hard, more or less like the max.

So if your bike gets totaled or stolen you will have nothing left but a payment book?

I have Geico, Only reason I use them is because my other Auto insurance is through USAA and they don't insure motorcycles and it only costs me 95 a month for a 04 Jeep liberty, 92 F250, and a 92 5.0 mustang.

The Motorcycle through Geico in CA it costs me 420 a year full coverage, In Utah its about 400 a year.

Dude, I have USAA also and they insure my bike. Call them and check it out. They dont advertise it on their website but I know I am making insurance payments to them
Cheers:cheers:

I have stock 02, perfect driving record, Progressive insurance full coverage 300,000 500,000, 100 deductable, road service.
$430.00 year. I checked them all for several days and this was the best deal I could find.

Progressive has the best rates around here for bikes.

I pay less than $300 a year for top of the line full coverage,$5000 for accesaries and $5000 medical for me.Passengers are included with the full coverage.

Think I'm at $140 a year coll only. It went down from my Maxim X because I went to an older bike hehe.

When I had just liability it was $75 a year.The funny thing is when I raised my vmax coverage I also tried to raise my wifes fazer insurance.They refused to put full coverage on it.They said it was too fast.

So if your bike gets totaled or stolen you will have nothing left but a payment book?

I bought my Max second hand with 3 months old and 700 miles on it, I paid in full. The first owner didn't like it and bought a Harley :surprise:....well, thanks to that I got the bike almost brand new with a very good price.

Yes, if something happen I will lost, but I hate so much insurance payments that I will take the risk. I am 35 years old and rational rider.

I bought the Max because it was a dream from my teenager age, but I don't ride it hard.

My odometer show 3120 miles, I don't used it too much in two years.

Insurance company read my post !

Well boys - I just got my renewal letter in the mail this morning. I was ranting how much I was taking it in the butt. Well not any more....I guess they are done with mine and have gone onto looking for a tighter asshole. :clapping:

It has gone down $500 this year.:biglaugh::eusa_dance::worthy::ummm::punk::punk::banana::banana::thumbs up::cheers::rocket bike:

Needless to say they will be keeping this customer for another year. I hope now I'll be able to tighten back up after all that abuse..:stickyman:

Last edited:
Back